This Warm Butter Bean Salad with Roasted Red Peppers is fresh and light, with kalamata olives, fresh parsley and lots of lemon and garlic. Plus it’s bright and colorful, making it a perfect addition to your meals or potlucks.
This butter bean salad makes a perfect side dish, or even a topping for salad or star of your bowls. There are minimal ingredients in this dish, which works because they all deliver lots of flavor. The garlic, lemon and herbs are great additions that bring flavor in a simple way. Plus the kalamata olives and roasted red peppers are two of my favorite ways to pack a flavor punch.
What I love about this warm butter bean salad with roasted peppers
The salad has several delicious toppings: vegan parmesan, toasted pine nuts, and toasted breadcrumbs. Each of these brings great texture and something extra special to the dish.
It can be eaten warm, room temperature, or even chilled, so it’s great for everything from meal prepping to a potluck gathering.
Just store the toasted breadcrumbs separately to keep the crunch.
You can get creative with the herbs to make it your own. Fresh basil, rosemary, dill, parsley are all great options.
Butter beans are awesome, but if they’re not for you, you can substitute great northern beans or cannellini beans as other good options.
Other Delicious Bean Recipes
Chickpea & Orzo Vegetable Soup
Roasted Potato & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
Warm Butter Bean Salad with Roasted Peppers
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil to taste
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 15 oz. can butter beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup packed pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp finely chopped Calabrian chilis to taste (spicy heat)
- 3 tbsp toasted panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 3 tbsp shredded vegan parmesan or sub 2 tbsp grated vegan parmesan
- Add red onion and olive oil to large skillet over medium heat. Cook 3 min, stir occasionally then add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add butter beans, roasted red peppers, olives, and parsley. Stir and cook a minute or two until beans are heated through.
- Add lemon juice and Calabrian chilis. Add more olive oil if desired.
- Serve topped with toasted pine nuts, toasted breadcrumbs, and vegan parmesan.