If you’re looking for a quick and absolutely delicious and creamy pasta dish, this Pasta with Vegan Cashew Cream Sauce delivers. The creamy sauce, plus the warm nourishing vegetables, makes for a hearty and super comforting meal.
Cashew cream sauce is the perfect answer to your creamy pasta dreams, vegan style. Creamy pasta meals have always been a comfort food for me, like this favorite. Heck, any pasta meal is a comfort food for me. So, this Pasta with Vegan Cashew Cream Sauce is so satisfying and versatile that it’s quickly become a house favorite.
The cashew cream sauce comes together super easily. It’s only a handful of ingredients, but when you add seasonings and herbs, it turns into something magical. Cashew cream sauce isn’t anything new, as many-a-vegan have been making beautiful dishes from the humble cashew for a long time. However, this Pasta with Vegan Cashew Cream Sauce has such great flavor and is so easy, that it’s a winning combo you need to try.
how this pasta with vegan cashew cream sauce comes together
This dish is easily made in couple pans going at the same time.
- First, put on a large pot of water to boil, for your pasta.
- Next, in a large saute pan, get the veggies cooking.
- Then, warm up your vegetable broth to combine with the soaked cashews. (note, if you have’t pre-soaked your cashews, no worries…just boil them for 10 minutes while your pasta water comes to a boil)
- Blend up the broth and cashews, along with the other seasonings for the sauce, then combine the sauce with the pasta and vegetables.
- Toast the pine nuts.
- Lastly, enjoy!
reasons why i love this vegan cashew cream sauce
- it’s so versatile: add any flavor combination you like, using herbs and spices
- it’s delicious with so many vegetable and bean/protein combinations
- you only need a handful of pantry ingredients to make it
items i use for many dishes like this
There’s so so so many dishes I’ve used these items for, from pastas to curries to stew to soup to smoothies….you can see the list goes on!
Steaming vegetables is a staple activity in our house, and this makes it so much easier.
Steamer Basket Stainless Steel Vegetable Steamer Basket Folding Steamer Insert for Veggie Fish Seafood Cooking, Expandable to Fit Various Size Pot (5.1″ to 9″)
I use the blender to make creamy, smooth sauces or dreamy smoothies. I’ve had great luck with this affordable option.
Ninja Foodi Cold & Hot Cook Hot Soups, Sauces and Dips Blender with 1400 Peak Watts to Crush Frozen Drinks & Smoothies Nonstick Glass Pitcher (HB152), 64 oz, Black
Pasta with Vegan Cashew Cream Sauce
- 3 large carrots diced
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 3/4 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 cups of cashews
- 2 cups warm vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tsp nutritional yeast, to taste (optional)
- Add carrots to a large pan with chopped onion and oil.
- When onions are translucent, add broccoli florets, chickpeas, 1/2 tsp each salt, pepper, and dried oregano and basil.
- Add a couple tbsp of water and cover, cook until broccoli is bright green and fork tender.
- In a separate small pan, toast pine nuts. Simply add them to the dry pan and cook over medium heat for several minutes, stirring frequently until lightly golden brown, careful not to burn.
- To make the sauce, add cashews to a blender with warm vegetable broth, dijon mustard, dried basil, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano.
- Blend until very smooth and serve with hot pasta and vegetables. Top with pine nuts.