This Roasted Potato & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl is so full of flavors and delicious textures, and it makes a perfect meal prep too! It’s filled with yummy and simple ingredients, with a vegan honey mustard dressing that is super addictive.
There’s not many things better than warm, seasoned roasted potatoes, right? How about when they’re combined with spiced chickpeas, savory olives, tangy tomatoes, hearty quinoa, fresh herbs, and an addictive vegan honey mustard?
This nourish bowl is simple to make and includes simple ingredients. Plus, it’s super colorful and has an amazing dressing. And you can use it as a meal prep too! I love hearty bowls that are filled with veggies yet will serve as a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Other Delicious Quinoa Recipes
Quinoa Salad with Zucchini and Tomatoes
Peach and Avocado Salad with Lentils
Quinoa Salad with Avocado Dill Dressing
If you make this recipe, I would love to see it! You can tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals and comment here!
Roasted Potato & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
- 2 cups baby potatoes quartered
- 1/2 tsp each kosher salt and pepper for roasting potatoes
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil for roasting potatoes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- Juice of 1/2 lemon plus more for serving
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil for vegetables
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder for cooking bell peppers and mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- Fresh parsley for serving optional
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil for chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika for chickpeas
Dressing (whisk together in a bowl):
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Drizzle potatoes with half of their seasoning, and toss. Roast them on a baking tray lined with parchment for approx 20 to 25 min on 400 degrees F (convect/fan), tossing halfway and adding the remaining half of the potato seasoning halfway.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions in water or vegetable broth. Let it to cool on a tray or mixing bowl and stir in juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Cook bell peppers and mushrooms on medium heat in their olive oil and seasonings for 6 to 8 min, stirring periodically until browned. Transfer them to a plate. Add chickpeas and their oil and seasonings to the pan, and cook on medium heat for 3 to 4 min.
- Serve up all these goods with the dressing, including the tomatoes and olives or use them to top some greens, or even as a side dish. Top optionally with chopped fresh parsley and more lemon juice.
Hey this is Alexis here from Instagram @lexluves. Just made this amazing recipe and it was to die for . Thank you so much for sharing your recipes
That’s amazing, thank you Alexis!!