These Chickpea Vegetable Fajita Wraps are a delicious and healthy meal option, full of flavor and nutritious ingredients. This meal is vibrant, satisfying, and so delicious!
These Chickpea Vegetable Fajita Wraps are one of my most popular recipes over on my Instagram page. They’re flavor-packed, simple to put together, and so satisfying.
The chickpeas are roasted in a yummy fajita-inspired seasoning mix, with a colorful combination of vegetables. They’re then topped with a quick and easy homemade guacamole.
You can easily switch up the vegetables to use whatever you have on hand at the time. This recipe is really versatile in that way. Plus, you can use a different choice of beans and saute them with the spice mix, as another alternative. Use your favorite tortillas to wrap up the goodness.
how these Chickpea Vegetable Fajita Wraps come together
- Season the chickpeas and roast them for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute the veggies and make the guacamole.
- Serve in your favorite tortillas.
The timing on this dish works out really well. While you’re waiting for the oven to preheat, you can rinse and spice up the chickpeas on the baking tray. You can probably even cut up the vegetables too, before the oven is ready.
Then, while the chickpeas are roasting, saute the seasoned veggies. While the veggies are cooking on the stove, you can make the guacamole.
A few comments on the guac:
If you’re short on time or energy, simple mashed avocado (or just sliced avocado) works just great here. You can simply add salt, pepper and some garlic powder. The extra additions of chopped onion, tomato, and lime juice are icing on the cake!
Using tahini in your recipes:
As you might know already, I love to use tahini in so many things. It makes a great salad dressing, sauce for noodle bowls, or this spicy tahini drizzle for fajitas or bowls like this one.
I love to use this tahini by Soom Foods, which is delicious and easily pourable to incorporate into all of the above.
Chickpea Vegetable Fajita Wraps
- 1/2 of a 15 oz. can chickpeas
- oil and seasonings for roasting
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 cup corn
- 2 large tortillas
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- Generous dash salt, garlic powder, and pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro or substitute parsley
Spicy Tahini Sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini or substitute 3 tbsp hummus
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 tsp hot sauce optional
- 2-3 tbsp water to thin as desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drain the chickpeas, rinse, and pat dry. Transfer them to baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and toss. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of cumin, chili powder, and salt. Toss again, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add onions to large skillet with oil and seasonings.
- After 5 min cooking, add red cabbage and bell peppers. Cook another 5 min w/lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Add in corn, cook just until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Make the guacamole by mashing the avocado in a bowl, and add in the other guacamole ingredients, and stir well.
- Make the spicy tahini sauce by whisking together the ingredients in a bowl.