This satisfying Spiced Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Bowl is a tasty and simple meal that cooks in the oven, along with crisp cucumbers and leafy greens.
It’s perfect for a hearty and healthy lunch or dinner, and it’s versatile enough to use your favorite seasonings or vegetable combinations. A spicy drizzle over top adds a yummy creaminess to finish off this dish!
As I follow a plant-based diet, it’s important to incorporate a variety of nutrients in meals. Bowls like this are such a convenient and delicious way to incorporate lots of vegetables and proteins into your lunches or dinners.
When putting together satisfying meals, I use the following approach to keep things simple. I’m all about quick, easy, yet super tasty meals:
- lots of vegetables
- proteins like beans or tofu
- healthy fats like avocado, nuts and seeds
The spicy tahini dressing in this Spiced Roasted Chickpea and Vegetable Bowl is so versatile. It goes great as a sauce for sweet potatoes, fries, or as a creamy topping for burrito bowls or tacos. For the spice component, you can use whatever you have on hand from… sriracha, to chili garlic sauce, or your favorite hot sauce.
I chose to mash the avocado here with just some seasoning like salt, pepper and garlic powder. Alternatively, you can dice up the avocado for more texture! Either way, you can’t go wrong with adding avocado in here for a source of healthy fat and creaminess.
other delicious bowls
Soba Noodle Vegetable Bowl with Tahini Dressing
Some helpful items for dishes like this one
I earn a small commission on items purchase through links on this site. All opinions are my own.
We roast vegetables and chickpeas all the time here, and these baking trays have been so helpful!
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Tahini is a pantry staple in my house, and I use it often in making creamy salad dressings, dips, sauces for roasted vegetables, and even as a topping for oatmeal. We really love this tahini, which has a great texture and yummy flavor!
Soom Foods Pure Ground Sesame Tahini 11oz (2 Pack)
Spiced Roasted Chickpea and Vegetable Bowl
- 2-3 gently packed cups arugula or your favorite salad greens
- 1 bell pepper cut in bite size chunks
- 2 cups mushrooms cut in bite size chunks
- 2 cups zucchini cut in bite size chunks
- 2/3 can chickpeas drained and rinsed pat dry
- 1 avocado mashed
- 3/4 cup sliced cucumber
- Oil for roasting
Spice mix (you may have extra leftover):
- 1/4 tsp each cayenne thyme, dried oregano, dried basil
- 3/4 tsp each kosher salt chili powder (or sub paprika), onion powder, garlic powder
- 3 tbsp pourable tahini
- 1 tsp hot sauce or to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder and kosher salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
- Approx 2 tbsp water to thin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover 2 baking trays with parchment paper (if preferred) and arrange chopped veggies on one, chickpeas on other. Or do on 1 tray if can fit, but keep separated.
- Then drizzle with oil, toss well to coat,very generously sprinkle with spice mix, toss. Bake.
- After 15-20 min, remove chickpeas. Toss/flip veggies, bake another 5 to 10 min or until cooked to your liking. I tend to like veggies crisper so I leave them in longer sometimes.
- Whisk tahini, hot sauce, spices, lime juice very well until thickened, then slowly add water while stirring
- Let vegetables and chickpeas cool while arranging arugula in bowls. Top w/ cucumbers, avocado, chickpeas, veggies. Drizzle tahini sauce.