This is a quick and delicious Vegan Tofu Burrito Bowl that packs in loads of flavor and nutrients to start your day and makes a perfect brunch meal.
I’m bringing all the cozy breakfast and brunch vibes your way today with this tasty Vegan Tofu Burrito Bowl. If you’ve never tried tofu scramble, it’s definitely something to give a go in the near future. It’s warm, satisfying, and the perfect base for a burrito bowl.
The tofu scramble gets it’s scrambled egg-like color from turmeric (and usually nutritional yeast also, but optional). Then, season it with salt, pepper and garlic powder for a savory meal that (quite honestly) I eat any time of the day. For this Vegan Burrito Bowl, you can add chili powder and cumin, or even dried basil and oregano.
Add-ins for the Tofu Scramble
- Black beans
- Bell pepper
- Fresh cilantro
Great things about this dish
You can enjoy this meal as a bowl, or stuff into a tortilla — this recipe makes around 2 to 3 servings, depending on your portion size. Besides the versatility, I also love that this dish makes a great “meal prep”, where you can double the recipe and keep it in the fridge for a quick meal. If doing so, I’d suggest adding the avocado on the day-of, to avoid it browning in your bowl.
The Vegan Tofu Burrito Bowl would also be great with mushrooms, chopped broccoli florets, or sauteed spinach just to name a few options. You can add in other vegetables or beans to the dish, depending on what you have at home!
Other tofu dishes
Noodle Stir Fry with Tofu & Carrots
helpful items for this dish
All opinions are my own. I get a small commission based on items purchased through these links.
While optional for this dish, nutritional yeast has a lot of uses. It can be a great substitute for a “cheesy” topping for pastas, a topping for salad bowls, or an addition to really any dish that you want to boost the flavor of. It has a somewhat nutty flavor as well.
Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning Shaker Top, 4.5 ounce, 2 Pack
Vegan Tofu Burrito Bowl
- 1 14 oz. pack tofu drained and patted dry with kitchen towel
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder and turmeric
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp kosher salt to taste
- Dash of cayenne optional
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast optional
- 3/4 bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup black beans rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 to 1 avocado preference
- Fresh cilantro or other fresh herbs to serve
- In a skillet with a bit of oil, add tofu, seasonings, and bell pepper, mix very well and cook around 5 minutes until the bell pepper becomes tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in black beans.
- Serve with salsa, avocado and herbs.
- Roll in a tortilla if desired.