This Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad is the perfect hearty salad for any time of year. It has amazing texture and flavors, from golden raisins to vegan feta and fresh tomato. Topped with a dreamy honey mustard dressing that will become your new favorite!
What’s Awesome About This Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad
The combination of ingredients is just so good! We start making this salad by shredding fresh brussels sprouts, which makes a perfect light and crisp base for the salad. Then the seasoned chickpeas add a savory and satisfying component to the salad.
Other awesome ingredients include:
a delicious creamy vegan honey mustard dressing
Another reason why I love this salad is that it has amazing texture – there’s creamy elements as well as crisp. Plus, there’s pops of freshness and sweetness from the tomatoes and golden raisins. The scallions and green onions add a slight bit of zing as well.
Lastly, but perhaps most importantly for my preppers, this Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad is great as leftovers. You can have it stored in the fridge for several days to grab as a perfect lunchtime go-to. Since the base is brussels sprouts, it doesn’t get wilted in the fridge easily like less hearty leafy greens do. You can either store the dressing separately in the fridge, or combine it into the salad.
Other Delicious Salad Recipes
Creamy Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 3 1/2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt pepper, garlic powder, paprika
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup toasted walnut pieces to taste
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup crumbled vegan feta to taste
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Slice each brussels sprout in half lengthwise (through its stem part). Then place each piece cut side down, and make cuts across to create shredded pieces, discarding any tough end bit. Add shreds to a large mixing bowl.
- To make the seasoned chickpeas, place a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and drained chickpeas, stir, then add the seasonings. Stir and cook 2 to 3 min, stirring periodically. Transfer chickpeas to a bowl to cool down a bit.
- Make the dressing by adding all Dressing ingredients to a small bowl and stirring well.
- Assemble the salad by adding the warm chickpeas and all other ingredients to the mixing bowl with the sprouts. You can add as much dressing as you like.