With just a small amount of ingredients, this Arugula Pasta Salad is so delicious and colorful, plus it’s ready in a flash. It’s vibrant with bold flavors, including fresh herbs and a delicious maple Dijon vinaigrette. Topped with toasted pine nuts and vegan feta, there’s no lack of deliciousness here!
This Arugula Pasta Salad is perfect for a flavorful lunch or dinner, and it totally brings the Spring and Summer vibes as the seasons change. This salad is great for sharing with friends and family, too.
Have you ever tried adding arugula to pasta salads? It’s so good, and adds texture, color and flavor – with arugula’s slight peppery goodness and nutrients.
This recipe uses kalamata olives, but you can always use your favorite olives like green or black olives. I have a soft spot for kalamata olives. There’s just something about their intense savory flavor and texture that I just love.
The fresh herbs add something special to this pasta salad, and we are using a combination of fresh dill and parsley. If you don’t have access to fresh herbs, you can use dried dill and dried parsley. Start with 1/2 tsp dried dill and 2 tsp dried parsley, taste, and feel free to add more if you like.
Tips for Making This Arugula Pasta Salad
Be sure to rinse the pasta in cold water after draining it, and then drain it as well as possible. This will ensure that the arugula won’t wilt right away from the heat. Another key tip to avoiding wilting arugula is to add the dressing right before you’ll serve the salad.
So along those lines, if you’re making this salad for a meal prep, be sure to store the dressing separately. It will also be best to cut the fresh tomatoes and add them in on the day you’re serving.
We use sun-dried tomatoes that have been packed in oil for this recipe. You can definitely use the alternative that haven’t been packed in oil. But I find the oil-packed versions add greater flavor and feel free to use ones that have been marinated with garlic and/or herbs. Simply drain away excess oil and thinly slice them.
Other Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes
If you make this Arugula Pasta Salad, I would love to see it! Please leave a star rating in the recipe card below, and you can tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals.
Arugula Pasta Salad
- 1/2 lb. farfalle or pasta of choice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil drained
- 2 oz. arugula
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbles vegan feta cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tbsp finely chopped dill*
- 1 to 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley*
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water to al dente, then drain and rinse in cold water. Let drain well. While pasta is cooking, halve or quarter the cherry tomatoes, depending on size. Thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the cooked/cooled pasta to a large mixing bowl, along with the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, half of the toasted pinenuts, kalamata olives, feta, and lemon juice.
- Whisk together Dressing ingredients in a bowl, then pour over the salad. Toss well. Serve and top with remaining pine nuts.