This Orzo and Roasted Broccoli Salad is bursting with fresh flavor and is a perfect pasta salad to bring to your next gathering! It also makes a fantastic meal prep and holds up well in the fridge. With vegan feta, marinated artichokes, tomatoes and herbs, there’s a lot to love about this salad.
This isn’t one of those boring pasta salads, thanks to a delicious mix of textures and flavors. The tangy and herbaceous vinaigrette makes this salad one of those memorable dishes that you’ll want to make again and again.
More Reasons To Love This Orzo and Roasted Broccoli Salad
No matter what season you’re in right now, a great orzo salad is a perfect option for a super satisfying lunch or light dinner. This one is filled with hearty ingredients that will leave you satisfied. The chickpeas provide that extra level of heartiness, along with rich roasted broccoli.
But don’t worry, if you have leftovers, they’ll taste amazing too! This salad is a great option if you want to make it for lunches to have in the fridge for the week. It makes around 4 to 5 servings, depending on size. You can serve it with arugula or kale massaged with lemon or olive oil for some extra greens.
There’s lots of ingredients in here that pack a flavor punch. The creamy vegan feta is tangy and flavorful, and you can add as much or as little as you like. The green olives and marinated artichokes are two of my additional favorite ways to add bold flavor in minimal time and effort.
Other Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes
Orzo Vegetable Salad with Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing
Orzo and Roasted Broccoli Salad
- 1/2 lb. orzo pasta
- 10 oz. broccoli florets cut small
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 3/4 cup crumbled vegan feta
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1/3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup marinated artichokes drained and coarsely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped red onion to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 and 1/3 lemons
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange broccoli florets on large baking try lined with parchment paper. Place tray into oven and roast for 15-20 min until turning bright green and getting golden brown in spots, then remove tray from oven.
- Cook the orzo according to package directions for al dente, adding 2 tbsp kosher salt to the water when adding the pasta. Then drain and rinse with cool water. Drain well and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add olives, vegan feta, chickpeas, tomatoes, artichokes, and red onion to the mixing bowl with the pasta.
- In a small bowl, add all Dressing ingredients and whisk together well. Add most of dressing to the bowl and stir well.
- Serve and top with extra chopped herbs and black pepper if desired, along with rest of dressing.