This Berry Salad with Cherries & Vegan Feta is a fun and festive summer salad that is packed with flavor. Bright and tangy blueberries and cherries combine with savory vegan feta, in this quick-to-prepare salad. You can use your choice of salad greens and top with hemp seed hearts for extra texture and nutrients.
This blog post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
Isn’t it so much fun to have festive colors to celebrate? This dish is so vibrant and perfect to celebrate Independence Day, with a tangy and sweet red, white and blueberry salad!
And Sprouts Farmers Market has all the goods you need to put this together, simply and deliciously. You probably already know my love for the fresh produce at Sprouts, including these gorgeous juicy berries, cherries and greens. Their fresh herbs are on point too, and add so much bright flavor to this dish. We use fresh basil here, but fresh mint is another perfect option for this salad!
You’ll also find a great variety of vegan-friendly products and ingredients at Sprouts. They’re clearly marked to help you shop easily for these items, saving time too!
The dressing for this Berry Salad with Cherries & Vegan Feta is a zesty lemon-basil vinaigrette. It uses simple pantry ingredients along with fresh lemon juice. The dijon mustard and white wine vinegar give lovely flavor along with olive oil and dried basil.
How This Berry Salad with Cherries & Vegan Feta Comes Together
This fresh and vibrant salad is super easy and quick to make!
Simply wash and pat dry the produce, then add the salad greens to a serving bowl. You’ll remove the pits from the cherries, and you can either halve or quarter the cherries. For the blueberries, you can leave these whole or cut them in half, or even a mix of both! Add these to the greens.
Add the vegan feta to the salad, crumbled to your preference of size. In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until they’re fully combined.
I like to add some of the dressing and hemp seed hearts to the greens and toss them, then serve the rest of the dressing on the side and top with more hemp hearts and thinly sliced basil leaves. You can leave the basil leaves whole, if they’re very small.
Other Delicious Salad Recipes
Cucumber Vidalia & Avocado Salad
Quinoa Salad with Zucchini & Tomatoes
Charred Cabbage & Lentil Salad
Quinoa Salad with Avocado-Dill Dressing
If you make this salad, I’d love to see your creation and hear what you think! You can tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals and comment here!
Berry Salad with Cherries & Vegan Feta
- 4 to 5 servings salad greens
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 ½ cups cherries
- ½ cup vegan feta
- 5 to 6 fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. hemp seed hearts
Lemon Basil Dressing
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- Add the 4 to 5 servings of salad greens to a mixing bowl. Top the greens with the 1 ½ cups blueberries. You can cut the blueberries in half first, if preferred.
- Remove the pits from the 1 ½ cups cherries and halve or quarter them, according to preference. Add the cherries to the salad, then top with the ½ cup vegan feta and the 5 to 6 sliced fresh basil leaves. You can leave the basil leaves whole if using small leaves.
- Whisk together all of the Lemon Basil Dressing ingredients in a bowl until creamy, then add a few tablespoons of the dressing to the bowl and 1 tbsp. of the hemp seed hearts, and gently toss. Top the salad with the remaining 1 tbsp. hemp seed hearts and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.