I’m so excited to share this delicious Caramel Apple Pie Overnight Chia Oats as we get into Fall! The apple pie flavors are bursting in these oats, so if you’re a fan of apple pie but want to have it nourishing too, this is your recipe!
This blog post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
Some flavors are so quintessentially Fall. Apple pie, cinnamon, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice, salted caramel, you get the gist. And the star of the show that adds so much flavor for these oats is actually a combo of my favorite things – Caramel Apple Pie vegan protein powder from Sprouts Farmers Market! These Caramel Apple Pie Overnight Chia Oats are so incredibly yummy that it’s hard to believe that they’re nourishing too. They are filled with all the goodness of oats, chia seeds, and also flax meal, not to mention apples of course.
You can find the delicious Caramel Apple Pie protein powder (that’s vegan!) at Sprouts Farmers Market as well as the Salted Caramel flavor. These protein powders are the perfect way to celebrate the season and add some delicious flavor for Fall. I absolutely love the Sprouts vegan protein powder in the vanilla flavor and was so excited to hear that Sprouts was coming out with these seasonal flavors. They don’t disappoint! The Caramel Apple Pie smells so delicious, and these oats will brighten your day with coziness.
Some Tips for Making This Recipe
This yummy breakfast (that you can make in an hour even though it’s called “overnight” oats) is made of 3 simple components:
- the creamy and nourishing overnight chia oats
- the crunchy homemade granola topping
- the deliciously spiced apples
This recipe makes about 3 servings along with a bit of additional granola to top your smoothies or just munch with a spoon. You can make it as a delicious meal prep, just store the granola separately from the oats in an airtight container, so that it stays crunchy.
How These Caramel Apple Pie Overnight Chia Oats Come Together
Making the overnight chia oats: simply add the quick oats, plant-based milk, chia seeds, flax meal, and Caramel Apple Pie vegan protein powder to a glass storage container or mixing bowl and stir them up well. Then cover the bowl and place it into the fridge for around an hour, or overnight! But we say an hour here because during this hour, you’ll make the homemade granola and spiced apples. You can use rolled oats rather than quick oats, too.
Making the homemade granola topping: preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, then add the quick oats, maple syrup, spice, and coconut oil to a bowl and stir it up. Then line a small baking tray with parchment paper and lay out the mixture onto the tray in an even layer. For this particular granola, I like to keep the mixture cohesive, rather than spreading all the bits far apart. This will help it to create some yummy granola clusters.
Making the deliciously spiced apples: Peel the apples, then slice around the core to make thin slices, but not too thin. Then add them to a small pan with some water, light brown sugar, spice, and a touch of plant-based butter. Stir the mixture and bring it to a simmer, letting the liquid gently bubble away until just a bit remains, which gets slightly thickened.
Other Delicious Fall Recipe Ideas
If you make this Caramel Apple Pie Overnight Chia Oats, I would love to see it! You can tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals and comment here!
Caramel Apple Pie Overnight Chia Oats
Overnight Chia Oats
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. ground flax meal
- 2 tbsp. Sprouts Caramel Apple Pie vegan protein powder
- 1 ¼ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Apples
- 2 apples peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. plant-based butter
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Add all Overnight Chia Oats ingredients to a mixing bowl (1 ½ cups quick oats, 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk, 2 tbsp. chia seeds, 2 tbsp. ground flax meal, 2 tbsp. Sprouts Caramel Apple Pie vegan protein powder) and stir thoroughly. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, then stir.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, stir together all the Granola ingredients: 1 ¼ cup quick oats, ¼ cup pure maple syrup, 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil, 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract, and ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice. Spread the mixture in an even layer on a small baking tray lined with parchment paper. Do not spread out the mixture too much, to ensure some clusters can form. Bake for 15 to 22 min, gently stirring the mixture halfway and leaving some clusters, until starting to turn light golden brown in spots. Remove from oven to cool.
- While the granola is baking, prepare the apples. In a skillet on medium heat, add the 2 sliced apples, ¼ cup water, 3 tbsp. light brown sugar, 1 tsp. plant-based butter, ¼ tsp. cinnamon, and dash of ground nutmeg. Stir the mixture and let simmer for 5 to 8 min, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, and any remaining liquid has thickened. Let the mixture cool.
- To serve, top the overnight chia oats with the apples and granola.