For all the apple lovers, this Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cake is perfect for a seasonal Fall treat. Fluffy and moist, with a sweet crisp and crunchy topping!
Some of the best things about Fall revolve around the sweet treats. Apples, pumpkins, cinnamon, oh my! The possibilities are endless.
After sharing my Vegan Sweet Potato Muffins, I must admit, I totally got into the Fall baking spirit. It kind of happened overnight, and I’m not mad about it! After the non-stop requests for banana bread over the Spring and Summer from the kiddos, I’m branching out to embrace the Fall baking flavors.
This Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cake is the perfect answer to your Fall treat desires. If you have a couple apples lying around, you’re not far away from this incredibly delicious treat. It’s got layers of cake, apple, and a crunchy, brown sugar cinnamon streusel topping. The cake is also made easily in one bowl. How much better can it get?!
When I make this Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cake, the kitchen smells so lovely. There’s not much better than the smell of apple cinnamon this time of year. And with cinnamon in the cake and also in the streusel, it’s just the right spiced yumminess.
how this cake comes together
The cake batter is made easily in one bowl. I usually combine all the dry ingredients, then add in the wet ingredients. I use a 8×8 baking dish here, which you can either lightly spray with oil, or line with parchment paper.
Once transferring the cake batter into the baking dish, mix up the streusel topping. I use vegan butter (straight out of the fridge), along with some flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and coconut sugar. I love the texture and flavor from the blend of brown sugar and coconut sugar.
The cake makes a delicious snack, breakfast or dessert. I hope you can try it!
Some Helpful Items for Dishes Like This
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup +2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 medium apples peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 2 tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or lightly spray it with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients (except diced apples and Topping) and stir well, but do not over-mix.
- Transfer the cake batter into the baking dish, gently spreading it out to be level.
- Top evenly with the small-diced apple pieces.
- In a small bowl, add all the topping ingredients (do not melt the vegan butter). With a fork (or hands), mash the ingredients together until it becomes crumbly with some chunks, where the everything is incorporated.
- Spread the topping mixture evenly over the cake.
- Place the baking dish into the oven, and bake for 38 to 40 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean when it’s ready.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the baking dish and transferring to a cooling rack.
- Let cool a further 20 minutes before serving.