This Vegan Vegetable Noodle Soup is a nourishing and healthy soup that is full of vegetables and delicious flavor. There’s nothing like a simple, comforting, and tasty one-pot meal!
This soup has lots of flavor from a multitude of vegetables and herbs, yet all of them are pretty standard pantry ingredients that you probably already have on hand!
I love a chunky soup filled with veggies, potatoes, and pasta. The veggies in this soup are onions, carrots and celery plus potatoes – and yes, two carbs in one soup! You can also add beans such as cannellini, chickpeas, lima beans, black beans, or kidney beans for example.
You can also add in other vegetables from the fridge, such as mushrooms or zucchini.
But quite possibly the best part about this soup is that it was a hit with the youngsters too. They had two bowls, and it definitely will be on repeat!
How this Vegan Vegetable Noodle Soup Comes Together
You can cook this soup simply on the stovetop, and it’s also a quick meal even for the weeknight. First, you’ll saute the vegetables in a bit of oil until they’re crisp-tender (or skip the oil and use some water). While those are cooking, peel and cut the potato and get the seasonings together.
Those go in, along with the broth and dry pasta. Cover and bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat and gently simmer the soup until the pasta is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
Other amazing additions to the soup (besides beans) would be kale or baby spinach, which you would stir in at the end.
*Tip: if you’re making the soup to have leftovers, cook the pasta separately and store them separately, then add in the pasta as needed. If you’re adding the kale or spinach, add them in when you’re serving.
Other Delicious Soup Recipes
Helpful items for this dish
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
Vegan Vegetable Noodle Soup
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 ribs celery
- 2 large carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large potato
- 2/3 cup dry pasta*
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon preference
- Finely chop the onion, celery and carrots. In a large pot, add the onion, kosher salt, olive oil, celery, and carrots. Stir, and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent and the carrots and celery are getting tender, around 10 minutes. You may need to add a bit of water while cooking to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic and peel/chop the potato, and add them to the pot. Stir and cook one minute.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (start with 4 cups of vegetable broth and add the 5th one at the end if desired) except the fresh parsley and lemon juice.
- Stir, cover and bring to a boil then lower the heat to gently simmer the soup (still covered) for approximately 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the pasta is tender.
- Stir in the fresh parsley and lemon juice and serve.