This Vegan Apple Blueberry Crumble is a super delicious holiday treat that
can be enjoyed all season long! It’s perfectly sweet, tangy, and has a crunchy oat topping and Tru Whip Vegan Whipped Topping to make it seriously delicious.
Are you ready for an amazingly yummy, fruit-filled holiday dessert? I’ve got you covered! This Vegan Apple Blueberry Crumble is so easy to put together, taking only 15 minutes to prep. It’s topped with delicious Tru Whip Vegan Whipped Topping, giving this dessert a truly decadent feel.
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you! It doesn’t get much better than a comforting apple and blueberry bake, and the crumbly oat and cinnamon topping is a perfect match. The topping is so tasty that it will be hard not to sneak some crunchy oat bites from the bake while it’s cooling (shh…I won’t tell!).
There’s so many great things about this recipe! It’s:
- so so delicious!
- perfectly sweet, balanced with lemon
- really simple and fast to prepare
- a great use of pantry and fridge staples
I have been loving the fact that I can pick up my staples for the holiday season at Sprouts Farmers Market, including all the vegan fixin’s like this Tru Whip Vegan Whipped Topping. Not only did they have all the organic apples and baking staples that I needed, but also I was able to score Sprouts Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice too. It’s the perfect seasoning, along with cinnamon, for this Vegan Apple Blueberry Crumble.
- You can use either organic brown sugar OR coconut sugar. Both have that rich delicious flavor, so go with your preference here!
- For the crumble topping, make sure to NOT melt the vegan butter. Rather, use cold vegan butter to gain that crumbly texture that we are looking for here.
- For the oats in the topping, you can go with gluten free oats if necessary. You can also substitute the flour for almond flour in the topping.
- A big tip is to let the crumble cool for quite a while, giving it at least 15 minutes but preferably more. This will allow you to top with Tru Whip Vegan Whipped Topping without it melting too quickly.
How this Vegan Apple Blueberry Crumble Comes Together
This is one of the easiest and quickest (prep) desserts you can make, and it comes out so delicious! Simply follow these easy steps:
- Preheat your oven and spray the baking dish.
- Peel and slice the apples and combine them with the other filling ingredients. Add it all to the baking dish.
- Then mix together the topping ingredients in a separate bowl, and sprinkle across the filling.
- Bake, let cool, and top with lemon zest and Tru Whip Vegan Whipped Topping.
Another thing I love about this recipe is that you can get other things done while it bakes in the oven. It bakes for approximately 45 minutes, which gives me some time to work on other things or hang out with the fam. The yummy smell of this bake will fill your kitchen!
If you make this Vegan Apple Blueberry Crumble, please make sure to let me know. It’s my new favorite dessert and it’s absolutely delicious!
Other sweet treats
Vegan Apple Blueberry Crumble
- 5 apples
- 1 pint blueberries
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. organic brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¾ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. organic brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. cold vegan butter
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Zest of 1 lemon for serving
- 6-8 servings Tru Whip Vegan Whipped Topping for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a large rectangular baking dish.
- Peel the 5 apples and slice the apple away from the core. Thinly slice the apples approx. 1/3 cm thick and add them to a large mixing bowl, along with the 1 pint blueberries.
- Add the remaining “Filling” ingredients to the bowl (juice of ½ lemon, 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon, 3 tbsp. organic brown sugar or coconut sugar, ¾ tsp. pumpkin pie spice, 1 tbsp. maple syrup, ½ tbsp. and stir to incorporate. Transfer the apple-blueberry mixture to the baking dish and spread it evenly across the dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all the “Topping” ingredients (3 tbsp. organic brown sugar or coconut sugar, ¾ tsp. cinnamon, 2 tbsp. cold vegan butter, 2 tbsp. maple syrup, ½ cup rolled oats, and 2 tbsp. flour). Mix well with a fork to a large crumble consistency (some larger chunks are fine).
- Sprinkle the topping even across the apple mixture. Bake approximately 42 to 47 minutes until the apples are fork tender (soft but not mushy).
- Remove from oven and let cook for at least 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, serve and top with Tru Whip Vegan Whipped Topping and lemon zest.