Roasted Potatoes with Vegan Feta are a delicious and easy potato recipe that is a fun twist on traditional roasted potatoes. With fresh parsley and lemon, crunchy garlic breadcrumbs, and vegan feta, these roasted potatoes are a win!
Why We’re Loving These Roasted Potatoes with Vegan Feta
Potatoes can be such a perfect comfort food, and these roasted baby potatoes are no exception. They are so flavorful from a handful of really bold ingredients, so the recipe is kept simple and lets the ingredients shine.
The textures in this dish are really awesome too. The potatoes get a bit crisp from the roasting, yet the inside is creamy and soft. The best of both worlds! Then the vegan feta that’s sprinkled over top gets a bit creamy and melty on the potatoes, where the garlicky toasted breadcrumbs bring some crunch.
The lemon and parsley flavors are such a great combination together, and these do a great job to round out the dish and brighten things up against the saltiness of the vegan feta.
How This Dish Comes Together
Prepping the potatoes for the oven: You’ll start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees convect/fan. Then wash and dry off the potatoes. Make sure to pat them dry quite well so that they’ll get crisp easier in the oven. Then add them to a baking dish so that they lay flat across the bottom (and not piled up). You could use a baking tray if you don’t have a baking dish. Drizzle them with the oil and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper, so that the oil and seasonings hit all the potatoes. Place them into the oven.
Making the toasted breadcrumb topping: this is so yummy! You’ll melt some vegan butter in a small pan and add minced garlic, then in goes the toasted breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast along with some seasonings. This process takes around 5 minutes total.
Flipping the potatoes: You’ll flip the potatoes around halfway and add a bit more oil (optional).
Prepping the rest of the topping: chop the fresh parsley and crumble the vegan feta, if yours comes in a block. I crumbled it with my fingers, which works well.
Serving it up: when the potatoes are tender, serve them topped with the toasted breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, vegan feta, and a bit of lemon juice.
Tips for Making This Dish
You can serve the vegan feta and toasted breadcrumbs on the side for people to sprinkle over their potatoes, if those in your family might want to choose their own toppings.
If you would like to try this recipe but don’t have baby potatoes, you can make this with other types of potatoes too! Check out my recipe for Roasted Potatoes with Lemon Parsley Sauce that has instructions for making roasted potatoes with larger potatoes.
In my opinion, potatoes benefit from a generous amount of seasoning, probably more seasoning than you think (at least more than I thought at first ha!).
If you don’t have fresh parsley, other great options for fresh herbs would be fresh thyme or basil, or rosemary. You can use dried parsley as well (1/2 to 1 tsp to taste). Other options are fresh or dried chives.
Other Delicious Potato Recipes to Try
White Potato Recipes:
Purple Sweet Potato Recipe:
Sweet Potato Recipes:
If you try this recipe, I would love to know what you think! You can tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals or comment here!
Roasted Potatoes with Vegan Feta
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 cup vegan feta crumbled
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F convect/fan. In an 8×8 or similar sized baking dish, add the washed and dried baby potatoes. Drizzle with the oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the 1/4 tsp each kosher salt and pepper and toss again.
- Place into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, then toss the potatoes and add a drizzle with a bit more oil if getting dry. Place back into the oven until potatoes are fork tender, approx 15 to 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, place a small saucepan on the stove over medium-low heat. Mince the garlic and add the vegan butter and minced garlic to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant, careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the remaining breadcrumb topping ingredients to the pan and cook on medium-low, until the breadcrumbs are lightly golden brown, stirring periodically.
- Then remove from heat and set aside while you finely chop the fresh parsley and crumble the vegan feta (unless yours comes already crumbled).
- When the potatoes are done, serve and top with the breadcrumb topping, vegan feta and fresh parsley, and squeeze the lemon juice over top.