These Spooky Purple Sweet Potato Fries are a fun and tasty Halloween treat, with a trio of dips for these “witch fingers”! Perfect for dipping and snacking during the season’s festivities!
There’s nothing more fun than spooky Halloween snacks during the season, and these Spooky Purple Sweet Potato Fries are a satisfying, delicious, and healthy way to celebrate!
I was excited to create a Halloween treat that was silly and spooky for the kids this month, and these were the perfect way to do just that!
Sprouts Farmers Market has all my favorite seasonal items to make awesome Fall treats at home. We picked up these amazing purple sweet potatoes from Sprouts, along with everything else we needed to re-stock our pantry staples for the season. We picked up all of the dried herbs and spices for the witch fingers and trio of dips, plus fresh cilantro, avocados and spinach!
The kids had a blast making the various dips, and of course taste testing! It was hard to pick a favorite. We ended up creating a tasty variety: from a tangy and herb-y homemade ranch dressing, a twist on guacamole with the avocado-spinach-cilantro dip, and a sweet-spicy ketchup with red beet powder for extra nutrition and a cool purple color — it’s a dip lover’s dream!
I made a less spicy version of the Spicy Beet Ketchup for them, and they loved the purple, vibrant hue from the Sprouts Organic Red Beet Powder. So fun!
If you’ve never made ranch at home before, I hope you can give this Herb Ranch a try! It’s so easy and so delicious. The tangy lemon juice and the dried herbs give this dressing that signature ranch flavor.
And last but not least, we of course had to have an avocado dip! Blended with spinach and cilantro, this green dreamy dip has lots of hidden veggies and tons of flavor.
how this recipe comes together
The recipe comes together easily, and you can get the whole family involved in the dip-making!
But first, preheat the oven, and wash/peel the purple sweet potatoes. Line two baking tray, and season up the fries.
While the fries are baking, this is the time to mix up the dips. The recipe times out really well here!
I’m already dreaming up more ways to use purple sweet potatoes, as they’re so delicious and versatile.
If you try these yummy purple sweet potato fries, be sure to let me know!
Spooky Purple Sweet Potato Fries
- 5 medium purple sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
Spicy Beet Ketchup
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Sprouts organic red beet powder
Herb Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. each garlic powder and dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. each kosher salt, pepper, dried dill, onion powder
Avocado Spinach Dip
- 1 ½ avocados
- ¼ cup packed spinach
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp. each pepper and garlic powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. vegan mayo optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel the 5 purple sweet potatoes and cut them into fries. Arrange the pieces on two baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the 1 tsp. kosher salt, ½ tsp. pepper, 2 tsp. nutritional yeast, 1 tsp. garlic powder, and 2 tbsp. avocado oil. Toss and arrange on the trays where the fries are not touching each other.
- Place trays into oven. After 15 minutes, remove the trays and flip the fries. Bake another 15 minutes until cooked and crisp.
- While fries are cooking, make the dips. For the Spicy Beet Ketchup, add the ¼ cup ketchup, 2 tsp. hot sauce, and 1 tsp. Sprouts organic red beet powder to a small bowl and whisk well with a fork.
- For the Herb Ranch, add the ¼ cup vegan mayo, juice of 1 lemon, 1 tsp. dijon mustard, ½ tsp. each garlic powder and dried parsley, and the ¼ tsp. each kosher salt, pepper, dried dill, and onion powder. Whisk well to combine.
- For the Avocado Spinach Dip, add all ingredients to a food processor (1 ½ avocados, ¼ cup (packed) spinach, ¼ cup (packed) fresh cilantro, ¼ tsp. each pepper and garlic powder, ½ tsp. kosher salt, juice of 1 lemon, and 1 tbsp. vegan mayo). Blend, scape down sides, blend again until smooth.