This Cheesy Pasta with Broccoli and Herbs is a perfectly warm and cozy pasta bowl, filled with lots of delicious vegan umami flavors and nourishing vegetables. It’s also versatile to add your favorite vegetables, fresh herbs and seasonings. Plus, it’s ready in around 30 minutes!
The list goes on for what I love about this meal. You can catch some of my favorite reasons below, but most importantly, it’s nourishing AND simple! These are two of my key requirements when coming up with my plant-based recipes. What’s more, the recipe gets tons of bonus points for being fast. If you’re with me on these, I have a great recipe here to share.
But before that, here are some of my other favorite nourishing, simple, and fast pasta recipes that I’m sure you’ll love!
Roasted Tomato Pasta with Mushrooms
what I love about this recipe
- it has amazing umami flavors from the vegetable broth and nutritional yeast…
- which goes perfectly with the brightness and freshness coming from lemon juice and herbs
- and is complimented so well with textures and flavors from the crisp-tender broccoli and sweet cherry/grape tomato!
- plus, the meal is really quick and simple to make; it can be on the table in around 30 minutes
how this dish comes together
- Place a pot of water on to boil for pasta of your choice.
- Continue by chopping and sauteing broccoli florets.
- While those are cooking, slice up the tomatoes, marinated artichokes and fresh herbs, if using them.
- When the pasta is done cooking, add it to the pan, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with extra lemon juice and herbs, and some red chili flakes for spicy heat if desired.
You can feel free to adjust the amounts of the various ingredients to your preferences, or even add in other vegetables and/or beans. This Cheesy Pasta with Broccoli and Herbs is really versatile to make it your own.
Other ideas for delicious additions:
thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
kalamata olives, green olives or black olives
roasted red peppers
fresh oregano, dill, basil, rosemary
some helpful items for this dish
All opinions are my own. I get a small commission based on items purchased through these links.
I’ve mentioned these pasta bowls before, which are light and durable in our experience. Plus, they’re useful for more than pasta since they’re a great size.
Bellemain Micro-perforated Stainless Steel 5-quart Colander-Dishwasher Safe
I prefer using stainless steel colanders rather than plastic for hot food like pasta, with fine mesh to easily drain without losing pasta in the sink. Also, I find it to be so helpful to have the outer extended handles.
Cheesy Pasta with Broccoli and Herbs
- 2 to 3 servings pasta
- 1 cup packed broccoli florets cut into small bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup marinated artichokes drained, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup packed chopped fresh parsley and basil
- Red chili flakes for serving
- Fresh herbs for serving
- Cook the pasta in salted water until just barely al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut and saute the broccoli florets in 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium heat for 5 minutes until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. It is fine if they get a bit browned.
- Add the cooked pasta and the remaining ingredients and cook together for another minute or two in the pan until pasta is cooked.