This is a flavorful and satisfying Vegan Antipasto Salad that has lots of texture, nourishing ingredients, and tangy flavors! It’s perfect for a refreshing meal in the warmer months, or anytime!
If you’re familiar with my recipes, you may know that I LOVE ingredients like marinated artichokes, kalamata olives, and cherry tomatoes. And of course, tofu! These ingredients come together so well in this vegan take on a chilled or room temperature salad that typically has cheeses and meats.
This Vegan Antipasto Salad instead uses super-firm tofu that has a great texture, where it’s perfectly yummy to include it uncooked in this recipe.
I was skeptical at first. But since using super-firm tofu more, I was really happy with the fact that I can just cut it up and include into my meals without cooking. You’ll still want to drain it well and pat it with kitchen towels to remove the excess water.
There’s just something so comforting about a delicious salad to start a meal, and this one is just perfectly light and refreshing. And, the colors just can’t be beat!
The Vegan Antipasto Salad here was made with fresh basil, but you can feel free to use your favorite fresh herbs. The salad would be fantastic with fresh parsley, dill, or oregano as well.
how this dish Vegan Antipasto Salad comes together
- Marinate the tofu.
- Chop the vegetables.
- Whisk together the dressing.
- Combine, and add fresh herbs if you have them.
helpful and fun items for this dish
There’s some chopping required for this Vegan Antipasto Salad (hey, at least there’s no cooking!), so here’s one of the cutting boards we love at home.
We love these serving bowls at home, as they’re such a great size for salads, pastas, and pretty much everything else!
other delicious room temperature salads
Vegan Antipasto Salad
- 1/2 of a 15 oz. package organic super-firm tofu drain and pat dry
- 1 english cucumber peel if desired
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives roughly chop
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes slice in half
- 2 cups marinated artichokes roughly chop
- 2 tbsp basil leaves
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard or dijon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Dash of ground thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp agave
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and add the tofu. Stir well to combine. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, this is the time to chop the cucumber, kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, and artichokes.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the vegetables to the mixing bowl with the tofu, and drizzle the dressing in, just enough to coat the ingredients well. Reserve the extra for serving.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Thinly slice and stir in the basil leaves just prior to serving.