This Leek & Artichoke Spaghetti with Feta is bursting with flavor, cherry tomatoes, and fresh herbs. It also has artichokes, so if you’re an artichoke lover, this recipe is for you! (But if you’re not, no worries! It will be just as delicious without them.)
I love this simple spaghetti that packs in bold flavor. Plus, it’s ready in around 30 minutes!
This spaghetti is filled with so many of my favorite ingredients: lemon, tomatoes, artichokes, fresh herbs (dill and parsley), and vegan feta. Combining these ingredients with spaghetti may not be the most expected, but the combination is so delicious! Just ask my kiddo, who said this dish is “extremely yummy”! If you’re like me, you will find it tough to not go straight into the pan with a fork. This dish is great with feta, but feel free to use grated vegan parmesan instead.
Tips for Making this Leek & Artichoke Spaghetti with Feta
Can you use other fresh herbs if you don’t like dill? Yes! But I highly recommend using the dill. This recipe uses both dill and parsley. You can use all parsley, or use half fresh basil.
Should you use marinated artichoke hearts or plain canned? I like to use the artichoke hearts that are marinated since they usually come with seasoning, but it’s totally fine to use the plain canned ones. Just drain them well and chop them if needed.
What parts of the leek should you use? Cut off the bottom root, then cut off most of the dark green parts which are a bit tougher. Then slice the remaining part of the stalk lengthwise. Then slice the leeks crosswise. Rinse the leeks again at this point under running water.
Other Delicious Pasta Recipes
Leek & Artichoke Spaghetti with Feta
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- 2 leeks white and light green parts
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes whole or halved
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil to taste
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill to taste
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley to taste
- 1 1/2 cups marinated artichokes drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled vegan feta
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon about 2 tbsp
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente, adding 2 tbsp kosher salt to the pasta cooking water. Reserve one cup of the pasta cooking water prior to draining.
- Meanwhile, cut bottom root off the leeks and most of the dark green parts. Slice the remaining stalk lengthwise down the middle, then slice the stalks crosswise into half-moon shapes. Rinse the leeks under running water.
- Preheat a large pan on medium heat. Add the vegan butter. Once melted, add the leeks, kosher salt, and black pepper. Stir and cook for 2 min. Add cherry tomatoes and garlic powder, stir, cover and cook another 5 min, stirring halfway.
- Add the drained spaghetti, olive oil, dill, parsley, artichokes, feta, lemon juice and zest, and 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Stir well to incorporate. Add more pasta cooking water if it feels a bit dry.