This Linguine with Broccolini & Cherry Tomatoes is flavorful, light, and a perfect weeknight meal that feels fancy enough to serve company.
If you’re looking for a restaurant-quality pasta dish to enjoy in the comfort of your own home, this is it! Linguine is delicious combined with broccolini, cherry tomatoes, green olives and kalamata olives, and an olive oil garlic sauce.
With plenty of seasonings and herbs, this will be a dish that you can go back to again and again!
Tips for Making This Dish
You can use any type of pitted olive that you prefer. I used a mix of marinated green and kalamata olives. Black olives can also be used, if that’s your preference.
Broccolini tends to take more time to steam than regular broccoli florets. So for this recipe, try to cut the florets fairly small, so that they won’t take too long to cook. You can use the long stems for a different recipe like stir fry. Or, feel free to dice up the stems and sauté them for this recipe along with the florets.
This pasta will work with long or short pastas like angel hair, spaghetti, penne or rotini. You can use regular pasta, or substitute whole wheat or gluten-free pasta according to your preference. Make it your own!
How This Linguine with Broccolini & Cherry Tomatoes Comes Together
Start by cooking the linguine. I always add salt to the pasta cooking water, to season the pasta itself. It makes a big difference in the flavor of the end dish. Use around 2 tbsp of salt. Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Later, this water will help form the “sauce” for the pasta.
While the pasta cooks, heat a large pan on medium heat. Add the olive oil and broccolini florets. Remember to cut the florets small as pictured, otherwise they will take longer to cook. Stir the florets and the oil to coat, and cook for 2-3 min. Add the water, cover, and cook another 4-5 min to tenderize the broccolini.
Add the shallots and garlic, toss and cook a minute, then add the tomatoes. Stir and cook 3-4 min until the broccolini is fork tender.
Add in the pasta, parmesan, lemon juice, salt, pepper, olives, and some pasta cooking water. Stir well and serve.
Other Delicious Pasta Recipes
Linguine with Broccolini & Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. linguine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch broccolini florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 shallot finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan shredded or grated
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 to 1 tsp kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Cook linguine in salted water (1 1/2 tbsp kosher salt) to al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water prior to draining.
- Meanwhile, heat large pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add broccolini florets, stir, cook 2-3 min. Add water, cover, cook 4-5 min.
- Add shallot and garlic, cook a minute, then add tomatoes. Stir, cook 3-4 min until broccolini is fork tender.
- Add pasta, parmesan, lemon juice, salt, pepper, olives and some pasta cooking water. Stir well, serve.