This Primavera Pasta Salad is a veggie-packed and flavorful dish that’s perfect for your next picnic, light lunch or dinner. With a tangy dressing and creamy avocado, it is also super satisfying! Crisp-tender broccoli and peas provide lots of green with bursts of freshness from the tomatoes. Topped with vegan parmesan and extra lemon!
Are you starting to enjoy pasta salads again this season? Now that temps are just starting to warm up in this part of the world, I’m taking full advantage to hop onto the pasta salad train! Pasta salads are one of those things that remind me of warm weather, dining outside, picnics in the park, and family gatherings. Does it do that for you too? Either way, this is one heck of a tasty and nourishing pasta dish that you’ll want to partake in!
This Primavera Pasta Salad would be a great addition to your gathering at home with family and friends. It also makes a great meal prep, as the ingredients hold up well in the fridge for a few days. You can drizzle some extra olive oil and/or lemon juice before serving to brighten it up or add in some additional fresh herbs.
It’s also super simple to make, and it will be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
How This Primavera Pasta Salad Comes Together
You’ll start by cooking the pasta in salted water until al dente. I use rotini here, but other great options would be medium shells, fusilli, penne, or whatever floats your boat! Just be sure to not overcook the pasta, as you’ll want it to hold its shape.
Meanwhile, cut the broccoli florets into small, bite-sized pieces. The recipe uses 2 cups, packed. Then add the broccoli florets to a large pan and add the frozen peas and vegetable broth. On medium heat and covered, bring it to a simmer and cook partially covered for around 3 minutes. The broccoli will turn bright green, then remove the cover so that the liquid can boil away. When that happens, you can turn off the heat.
Next, slice the tomatoes, roasted peppers, and the olives. You’ll also whisk together the dressing.
Last, combine everything together, along with the vegan parmesan. Serve and top with diced avocado and lemon wedges. And red chili flakes for some spice!
Other Delicious Pastas
Roasted Veggie and Peas Pastas
Farfalle Veggie Pasta with Zucchini
Spinach and Mushroom Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Primavera Pasta Salad
- 1/2 lb. pasta of choice
- 2 cups packed broccoli florets, bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/4 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers sliced or chopped
- 1/3 cup olives coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- lemon wedges for serving
- red chili flakes for serving
- 1 tbsp chives
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in salted water, to al dente, then drain.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli and peas to a large pan with vegetable broth. Cover and bring to a simmer, cook for 3 to 4 min then remove lid and cook another couple minutes to allow liquid to evaporate. The broccoli should be crisp-tender, so drain away any liquid that remains.
- While those are cooking, chop the tomatoes, peppers and olives. Add these to the broccoli and peas once those are done. Whisk together the dressing, and add it to the pan along with the cooked pasta and parmesan. Stir well, taste for seasoning.
- Serve and top with avocado and lemon wedges.