This Ramen Vegetable Soup is a comforting and spicy bowl of goodness, perfect for the chilly months and full of nourishing vegetables and flavor. It also comes together so easily!
This blog post is sponsored by Māla Girl Broths.
I love to start making more soups than usual this time of year, when temperatures get chillier and I crave heartier, warming bowls. Soup season is calling, and the answer is this super comforting bowl of noodles and veggies! This soup has roasted bell peppers, onions and mushrooms, along with sweet carrots and green onion. It’s not only satisfying, but is a snap to make as well.
Māla Girl veggie tea and broth blends make it so easy to have a savory, flavorful soup on the table in under 30 minutes. And they taste like they’ve been simmering away for hours. That’s what I love about these broth powders! Not to mention the great ingredients too. Māla Girl is packed with a combination of 19-26 botanicals, veggies, fungi and even a little cacao butter. They’re freeze dried or air dried, and so they’re ready to grab when you are!
This Chili Chakra flavor has ingredients like Peruvian maca powder, sun-dried tomato, dulse, turmeric, Cobanero chili and other herbs and spices. It packs a serious flavor punch and is SO delicious in this soup. Māla Girl flavors are my secret scoops when I want to add big flavor with ease! It’s as simple as deciding what flavor I’m in the mood for. They’re also perfect as a sipping broth to cozy up with!
Plus, from now until December 19th you can use code munchmeals to save on the Māla Girl website: get two 8-serving bags for $20!
How This Ramen Vegetable Soup Comes Together
Meal prep tip: If you’re making this soup ahead to have in the fridge for a few days, store the noodles separately. Otherwise, they’ll absorb too much of the broth.
Roasting the peppers:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the bell peppers into bite-sized pieces and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle them with a touch of avocado oil, or leave out the oil. Place the tray into the oven and roast for 20-25 min, until the peppers are starting to get a bit browned, then take them out of the oven.
Preparing the other veggies:
While the peppers are in the oven, dice the carrots (do a small dice so that they cook faster), finely chop the onion, and slice the mushrooms. Add them to a large pan or large pot on medium to medium-low heat, with 1 tbsp avocado oil and 1 tsp Māla Girl Sparkle Salt. Stir and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 20 min, adding a few splashes of water if needed to prevent burning. Some browning is good, to add flavor. You want the carrots to be just about tender.
Making the noodles:
Ramen noodles or thick udon noodles work the best for this recipe, as they’ll hold up better in the broth. While those veggies cook, add water to a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil to cook the noodles. Cook the noodles according to the package directions but just to al dente, being sure not to overcook them. Drain and rinse the noodles under warm water.
Putting it all together:
Add the water and coconut milk to the pan with the veggies, along with the Māla Girl Chili Chakra and whisk together, then add in the noodles and roasted peppers. Cook everything together for 2-3 minutes, at a gentle simmer. During this time, finely chop the cilantro or parsley and slice the scallions. Off the heat, squeeze in the juice of a lemon wedge. Divide the soup into bowls, slice some scallions and sprinkle them over top.
Other Delicious Soup Recipes
Chickpea & Orzo Vegetable Soup
Ramen Vegetable Soup
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 large carrots diced small
- 8 oz. white or cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- Māla Girl Sparkle Salt
- 2 3- oz. packages ramen 2 ramen “cakes”
- 6 tbsp Māla Girl Chili Chakra
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Lemon wedge for serving
- 1/3 cup scallions thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro or fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Dice bell peppers in bite-sized pieces and arrange them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place tray into oven and roast 20-25 min, tossing halfway, until starting to brown in spots. Remove tray from oven.
- In a large pan or pot over medium heat to medium-low heat, add avocado oil, carrots, mushrooms, red onion and Sparkle Salt. Stir, cover with lid, and cook 15-20 min stirring periodically until carrots are tender, adding splashes of water as needed to prevent burning. Some browning is fine and adds flavor.
- Meanwhile, cook ramen according to package directions (discarding flavor packets) until al dente, then drain and rinse ramen.
- Add Chili Chakra, water, and coconut milk to the pan/pot and stir well to combine. Add roasted peppers and ramen, stir and cook 2-3 min at gentle simmer. Squeeze in juice of lemon wedge and divide into bowls. Top with scallions and cilantro/parsley.