This Ginger Tofu Noodle Soup is comforting, nourishing, and full of flavor. It’s chock full of noodles and veggies, and will warm you up on the chilliest of days. With carrots, mushrooms, tofu, and lots of aromatics, this soup will be your new favorite light meal!
This Ginger Tofu Noodle Soup is seriously so good, that I crave it! Plus, it’s simple to make, too. There are some days when you want a cozy bowl of soup, and this one will certainly hit the spot. It’s slurp-able and full of texture. The dreamy ginger and lemon flavored broth, with a hint of coconut milk, is a perfect combination. And what’s not to love about noodles?!
Tips & Substitutions For This Recipe
Coconut Milk: this recipe uses full-fat coconut milk from a can. You can alternatively use “lite” canned coconut milk. The soup will be somewhat less creamy, but still delicious.
The Veggies: you can switch up the veggies to use what you have in the fridge. We use carrot and mushroom here. Other great options would be bell pepper, celery, cauliflower, broccoli.
The Tofu: if you don’t have tofu on hand, a great substitute would be beans such as chickpeas, white beans, or pinto beans. Just add them in towards the end of cooking along with the tomatoes.
Other Delicious Soup Recipes
Ginger Tofu Noodle Soup
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 oz. cremini or baby portobello mushrooms
- 8 oz. super-firm tofu drained and diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1- inch fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste to taste
- 1/3 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 3 small servings noodles cooked / prepared
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 to 3 tsp sriracha optional
- fresh cilantro chopped for serving
- In a large pan or pot, add avocado oil, onion, carrots and mushrooms. Cook 5 to 7 minutes until onions become translucent, adding a few tablespoons of water as needed to prevent burning and stirring occasionally.
- Add tofu, cook 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add broth, coconut milk, garlic, ginger and red curry paste. Cover, bring to a gentle simmer. Gently simmer 5 to 10 minutes, partially covered until carrots, are tender. During the last 5 minutes, add tomatoes.
- Add prepared noodles, lemon juice and sriracha if using, then serve with fresh cilantro.