These Peanut Sauce Tofu Skewers are flavor-packed and super simple to make. You can serve these with rice or your favorite vegetables for a satisfying, crave-worthy meal.
These skewers are a great go-to dish when you’re looking for something really delicious yet easy. So it’s perfect for lazy nights or a quick weeknight meal! As we’re heading into September, I love these types of meals as activities and events tend to pick up. Plus, the yummy and somewhat spicy sauce will warm you up as the seasons change.
Tips for Making These Peanut Sauce Tofu Skewers
What type of tofu should I use? I would suggest using extra firm or super firm tofu because it will be easiest to skewer and hold up to the sauce.
Can I eat these as leftovers? Yes! The flavors will develop even more and be delicious. I would suggest storing the sauce separately in the fridge from the tofu. Then gently heat the sauce in the microwave or small saucepan. You will likely need to add a bit of water to thin the sauce as you’re re-heating, since it may thicken in the fridge.
Do I need to serve these as skewers or can I just cube up the tofu and pan-fry them? This will totally work too. The skewers are optional and so is the grill pan. You can cook up the tofu in a large skillet / frying pan.
Other Delicious Tofu Recipes
Sun-Dried Tomato Tofu Ricotta Pizza
Peanut Sauce Noodles with Tofu
Peanut Sauce Tofu Skewers
- 1 14 oz. block extra-firm tofu
- avocado oil for cooking
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Dash garlic powder
- Preheat a large skillet or grill pan on medium heat. Drain tofu and pat dry with kitchen towel, gently squeezing to remove excess water. Cut tofu down the center lengthwise, then make crosswise cuts to create squares, around 3/4-1 cm thick. Gently slide skewers through the tofu. Spritz pan with avocado oil, then lay out tofu in pan. You may need to cook in two batches, depending on size of your pan.
- Let cook, without moving, 5 to 8 min until tofu has light grill marks and is starting to turn lightly golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste, ten gently flip tofu over and cook another 3 to 4 min.
- While tofu is cooking, make the sauce. Add all Sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. To serve, brush or spoon the sauce onto both sides of tofu.