This incredibly delicious Vegetable & Soy Curl Fried Rice is full of flavor and simple to prepare, and it makes a perfect weeknight dinner! It’s so satisfying thanks to soy curls, and you can customize the type of vegetables to include.
Tips for Making Vegetable Soy Curl Stir Fry
The combination of veggies is so yummy in here, but you can totally feel free to switch up the vegetables for what you have in the fridge. Just chop them up fairly small so that they’ll cook quickly.
If you haven’t tried soy curls yet, you’re in for a treat! You can purchase them dry and re-hydrate them with water for around 8 to 10 minutes, then sauté them in a skillet to crisp up a bit, and then season then however you like!
These soy curls are also a really great meat substitute, and alternative to beef or chicken in a dish like this. They have a chewy texture and take on the flavors of the sauce so perfectly. Soy curls are really easy to prepare, and they will give amazing texture and added protein to the dish. They’re so delicious in this fried rice! And you can use any leftovers for this super tasty noodle recipe.
If you try this dish, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below! You can also tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals. I’d love to see your dish!
Other Delicious Asian-Inspired Recipes
Vegetable & Soy Curl Fried Rice
- 1 cup soy curls
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil divided
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots finely chopped
- 2/3 cup corn
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 servings cooked rice
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Rehydrate soy curls according to package directions, drain very well, squeeze out excess water. Heat a large pan on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of the oil and the soy curls. Cook 5 to 7 min, stirring periodically until browning. Transfer soy curls to a plate.
- Add remaining tbsp oil to pan along with onions. Cook 4 to 5 min until starting to soften. Add carrots, corn and peas. Stir and cook another 3 min. Drain and rinse the rice and add to pan. Stir and cook another 2 min, then add the sauce ingredients, then stir in soy curls. Serve with more chili garlic sauce for more spice.