This Easy Vegan Rainbow Stir Fry is a bright, nourishing and super flavorful meal that is ready SO fast and easily. With minimal prep time, you will have an amazingly satisfying dish on the table in under 30 minutes. It’s also perfect for work or school lunch, or as a meal prepped dish for the week.
An Amazing Mix of Vegetables and Flavors
Stir fries are such a great option for a quick and easy meal, and they can use whatever you have on hand. Here are some other favorite stir fry recipes that come together in a flash, and that you can totally customize: Stir Fry Noodles with Tofu and Broccoli, and Tofu and Mushroom Stir Fry!
The rainbow part of this Easy Vegan Rainbow Stir Fry comes from the array of tasty veggies and beans in this dish. All perfectly satisfying and full of great texture when they come together.
The crisp crunch from the red cabbage, corn and edamame, the sweetness of the red bell pepper, and the creamy bite of the chickpeas are such a wonderful combination.
You can feel free to substitute or change up the veggies and beans based on what you have on hand. Just make sure to end up with a big range of colors!
In this recipe, we have:
- red cabbage
- red bell pepper
- baby corn
Other Reasons I Love This Dish
Besides being full of flavor and texture from an array of veggies and beans, there a lot of other reasons that make this dish a great one.
This Easy Vegan Rainbow Stir Fry is the ultimate simple and fast dish for a busy (or lazy) lunch or dinner. The prep time is so super fast, perhaps 10 minutes at most. Simply chop the veggies, and toss them into a pan to cook quickly. You can whisk the sauce together as they’re cooking, and there you have it! If you’re looking to serve this with brown rice or another side dish, you can get that started first, so that it’s ready once your stir fry is complete.
It’s also a great dish to have on hand for a few days or even as leftovers for lunch the next day. It’s a perfect time-saver, and a really tasty way to have something nourishing on hand. Especially for those times when you’re short on…well, time….and need some sustenance without reaching for something less healthy.
Some helpful items for this dish
Cuisinart 726-38H Chef’s Classic Stainless 14-Inch Stir-Fry Pan with Helper Handle and Glass Cover
McCormick Gourmet Organic Toasted Sesame Seed, 1.37 oz
Easy Vegan Rainbow Stir Fry
- 2 tsp oil used avocado oil
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby corn
- 1 bell pepper roughly chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3/4 cup edamame
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1- 2 tbsp sesame seeds for garnish as desired
- 3.5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce can sub sambal
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce can sub tamari
- 1/2 tbsp agave can sub maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In large pan, add oil. Once hot, add corn, cabbage and bell pepper.
- Stir often until cabbage starts to wilt (cover with lid for a minute or so to help process).
- Then add edamame, chickpeas and sauce ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Top with sesame seeds. Serve with brown rice if desired.