This festive Apple & Chickpea Salad with Vegan Honey Mustard dressing is so cozy and flavorful, perfect for the holiday table or any time! It’s filled with crisp apples and greens, along with tangy cranberries, all topped in a creamy dressing.
‘Tis the season for delicious Fall salads, and I am terribly late in adding this scrumptious Apple & Chickpea Salad to the blog. I created this salad in September, at the peak of all things apple, and it was such a great combination with the vegan honey mustard dressing that I immediately shared the recipe to my Instagram (@janetsmunchmeals). I had the best of intentions to share the recipe here, but better late than never!
I’m obsessed with this salad that takes under 15 minutes to make, probably closer to 10 minutes. There are only a handful of ingredients, but they’re very flavorful ingredients. So, there doesn’t need to be much going on for it to be delicious.
Tips & Suggestions for this Apple & Chickpea Salad with Vegan Honey Mustard
Which types of apples are good for this salad? You can use your favorite type of snacking apples for this salad. My favorites are Gala, Fuji, and Pink Lady. For the cut, I like to thinly slice the apples, but feel free to dice them into bite-sized pieces instead.
Can I substitute any other types of nuts? Yes, pecans, sliced almonds, or chopped pistachios would be delicious in this salad.
Can I use a different lettuce? This recipe would be great with baby spinach, spring mix, watercress or butter lettuce. You can use arugula as well if you like the peppery flavor.
Other Delicious Salad Recipes
If you make this Apple & Chickpea Salad with Vegan Honey Mustard, I would love to see your dish. You can tag me here on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals and comment here!
Apple & Chickpea Salad with Vegan Honey Mustard
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas rinsed
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted
- 4 servings salad greens
- 1 to 2 apples thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup vegan feta crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp hemp seed hearts optional
Dressing (whisk together in a bowl):
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 4 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- In a pan on medium heat, add the chickpeas, oil and seasonings. Stir, cook 3 to 4 min as chickpeas heat through, then let cool somewhat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together dressing in a small bowl. Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet on medium heat for 3 to 5 min, stirring often.
- Add greens to serving bowl or plates. Top with chickpeas, walnuts, apples, feta, dried cranberries, hemp seed hearts, and dressing to taste.