This pancake recipe is sure to be a family favorite, with delicious vanilla and cinnamon flavors and the fluffiest texture. These Vegan Cinnamon Protein Pancakes are so simple to make and are even great for weekday mornings (in addition to being perfect for the weekend, of course!).
This blog post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
As we head into the new year, I know that many of us will be looking to prioritize nourishing foods and perhaps to seek out some new and exciting meal ideas. This can take a variety of forms based on your preferences and diet, so it’s great that Sprouts Farmers Market offers so many options for meal inspiration and plant-based cooking.
Soooo to that end….I am SO excited to share this super delicious pancake recipe to fuel your day! And really, these pancakes are great for any time of the day. They are protein-packed and so flavorful that they feel like a decadent treat. I used the Sprouts Vegan Vanilla Protein for this recipe, and I couldn’t be happier about my new favorite pancake recipe.
This vegan protein powder tastes SO good in the pancakes. It gives that protein boost that you want for a satisfying meal. Plus, it has 20g of protein per serving, and it is soy and gluten-free (if those are challenging for you). So, it’s a great option to add to your smoothies, shakes, and of course these delicious pancakes! Sprouts has 3 flavors: vanilla, chocolate, and salted caramel!
How these Vegan Cinnamon Protein Pancakes Come Together
These pancakes are a snap to make, and they can be mixed all in one bowl! I typically add the dry ingredients first and give them a quick whisk, then add in the wet ingredients. Whip them together to remove the lumps, then grab your pan and lightly grease it (I use a touch of avocado oil which has a neutral flavor). Turn on the heat to medium and let the pan heat up for a couple minutes.
By this time, your pancake batter should have been sitting for around 5 minutes. This is perfect! I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop up the pancake batter and dollop onto the pan (my pan fit 3 pancakes at a time). The pancake batter is actually quite thick, so you’ll likely need to spread out the batter in the pan a bit.
They may not bubble up across the top of the pancake quite as much as typical pancakes do. So, just be sure to check the bottom of the pancake gently and flip them when they’re starting to get golden brown.
For pancake toppings, of course the options are almost endless, but the fresh fruit and vegan whipped topping was a winning combination here! You can also drizzle with a bit of maple syrup or agave, but honestly, they are even perfect just on their own.
These Vegan Cinnamon Protein Pancakes have quickly become a house favorite and have since been requested many times. Of course, I am happy to oblige when they are so simple, protein-packed and tasty! I hope you give them a try and let me know if you do!
Vegan Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- 1 scoop Sprouts Vanilla Vegan Protein
- 1 cup all-purpose, whole wheat, or gluten free 1:1 flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. agave
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- pomegranate seeds, vegan whipped topping, blueberries, oranges
- Add the 1 scoop Sprouts Vanilla Vegan Protein, 1 cup flour, ½ tsp. ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp kosher salt, 1 tbsp. baking powder, and 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir with a fork until combined.
- Add the 2 tbsp. agave, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, and ¼ tsp. vanilla extract to the bowl.
- Whisk thoroughly with a fork or whisk until lumps are virtually gone. The mixture will be thick pancake batter.
- Let rest for 5 minutes while heating a griddle or pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with a bit of oil or vegan butter.
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop up the pancake mix and place onto the griddle or pan. You may need to gently spread out the mixture in the pan a bit.
- When the bottom of the pancakes is golden brown (watch carefully as bubbles may not appear), carefully flip the pancake and cook another approx. 30-60 seconds on the second side (just until the second side is lightly browned).
- Working in batches, repeat process until all pancakes are prepared.
- Serve with optional toppings if desired (pomegranate seeds, vegan whipped topping, blueberries, oranges).