Looking for a delicious, plant-based and flavor-filled dinner idea? These Spiced Vegan Patties with Crispy Potatoes are a perfect option for a hearty and nourishing meal that also makes for a great meal prep to have for the week!
This blog post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
Being the first month of the new year, you might be looking to incorporate some plant-based meals into your life. I couldn’t be more excited to share this recipe as a super tasty dinner option! Whether you’re looking to go vegan for Veganuary, or perhaps trying a vegan meal or two this month, there are TONS of amazing plant-based recipes to explore.
Not only can eating plant-based be easy and nourishing, it can (and does!) taste amazing! Sprouts Farmers Market luckily carries so many different ingredients that make it a breeze to put together a really satisfying plant-based meal.
They not only have amazing produce and bulk items like grains, nuts and more, Sprouts also has an awesome selection of specifically plant-based products like the Beyond Meat Patties used here. The vegan items are clearly tagged so that it’s really simple to find products to suit your needs. Plus, Sprouts stocks up on the newest plant-based products, so there is always something new and exciting to try!
How this Plant-Based Dinner Comes Together
These Spiced Vegan Patties with Crispy Potatoes are really flavorful and simple to make, with mainly pantry ingredients.
First, you’ll preheat the oven and prep the potatoes and broccoli by peeling and chopping, then arranging them on baking trays. Drizzle them with some oil and season generously. For the potatoes, you can use whatever variety you have on hand.
Keep in mind that the smaller you cut them, the quicker they will cook. Aim to make the potato chunks the same size, where possible. For a medium potato, I made a cut lengthwise, then cut each of those pieces into 3 chunks. Feel free to make smaller pieces for quicker cooking. For the broccoli florets, you’ll want to make sure that these are also of similar size to one another, for even cooking.
While those are cooking, add the seasonings to the Beyond Meat Patties and form them into 8 small patties. Then cook on the stove for a few minutes per side. You can add a touch of oil to the skillet, and keep in mind that the Beyond Meat Patties will release a bit of oil on their own as they heat. You’ll want a light browning on each side, but note that the patties tend to not get very browned (if they do, you may have over-cooked them).
Meanwhile, whisk together the simple creamy sauce that you’ll later drizzle on the spiced patties.
Once everything is cooked, you’re ready to serve! Top with fresh herbs, the creamy sauce drizzle, and (optional) pomegranate seeds.
Other Delicious Vegan Dinner Ideas
Vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner with Pesto
Vegan Chickpea Ratatouille Stew
Charred Cabbage & Lentil Salad
Spiced Vegan Patties with Crispy Potatoes
- 1 package Beyond Meat Patties
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups broccoli florets cut in bite-sized pieces
- 3 medium potatoes cut in wedges
- Oil salt and pepper for roasting
- ¼ cup vegan mayo or Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. Dash cayenne
- Optional toppings: 3 tbsp. pomegranate seeds, 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and cut the 3 potatoes into wedges (for a medium potato, cut lengthwise then cut each piece into 3). Rinse them and pat dry. Arrange them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle them with oil, salt and pepper to taste, and spread out on tray. Cover with foil and place into oven. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and flip, and bake until tender.
- Meanwhile, on a second tray, place the 3 cups broccoli florets. Sprinkle them with oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place them into the oven after the potatoes have been in for 25 minutes. Remove once broccoli has started to lightly brown and are fork tender.
- Place the Beyond Meat Patties into a medium mixing bowl and add the seasonings (½ tsp. kosher salt, ¾ tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. onion powder, ¼ tsp. paprika, ¼ tsp. cumin, ½ tsp. coriander, ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon).
- Thoroughly mix with a fork. Shape into 8 thick burger patties. In a large pan over medium heat, arrange the patties (or cook in two batches), about 3-4 minutes per side (they should be golden brown – but careful not to overcook).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients (1/4 cup vegan mayo or Greek yogurt, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tsp. dijon mustard,1/2 tsp. kosher salt, ¼ tsp. onion powder, ½ tsp. garlic powder, 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, 1/8 tsp. cayenne).
- Serve patties with crispy potatoes, roasted broccoli, and drizzle with creamy sauce. Top with optional pomegranate seeds and chopped fresh cilantro or parsley.