For those nights when you need a little extra time out of the kitchen, this Vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner with Pesto is your tasty answer! It cooks easily in the oven, but definitely doesn’t miss out on amazing flavors.
Delicious spiced rubbed sweet potatoes, hearty vegetables, and seasoned tofu cooked on the sheet pan – doesn’t get much simpler!
It’s a perfect option for getting in a super nourishing meal, without having to stand by the stove to watch over your cooking.
Whenever I want to be sure to have fresh, irresistible ingredients on hand for a simple and delicious meal, Sprouts Farmers Market is my go-to! Having fresh produce in the fridge (and pantry staples on-hand) will make getting a simple meal together SO much easier.
No matter what my schedule for the week, I can find fresh goods at Sprouts to get a nutritious meal on the table. Or, I can get a head-start with prepared meals for a few days of the week. Such a win!
For example, this Vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner with Pesto is made with a combination of fresh produce like mushrooms, parsley, onions and bell peppers, with some pantry items like ground spices and nutritional yeast. You can find all of these at Sprouts, to make healthy and simple meals on the regular.
If you don’t have time to make pesto at home, Sprouts has an AMAZING Organic Vegan Basil Pesto (how awesome is that?!) and can add so much flavor to your vegetables, tofu, pasta, or anything else that you like!
This recipe includes a simple herb pistachio pesto, where you can throw the ingredients into the food processor while your Vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner is cooking.
What I love about this Vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner with Pesto
If you haven’t made a sheet pan dinner before, let me tell you, you’re in for a treat. It’s so great to be able to slice, chop, and whisk up sauce, then put all your amazing ingredients onto sheet pans and into the oven.
Because sometimes, it’s SO helpful to multitask while dinner is cooking (or just take a breather!) rather than standing by the stove.
This recipe uses a quick dijon mustard sauce for the tofu. There’s also a yummy (and crazy flavorful) spice blend for the sweet potatoes.
I love having great pantry ingredients on-hand from Sprouts to spice things up! You can totally switch up the spices to use what you have. Sprouts has a really delicious Organic Salt-free Italian Seasoning that would be great on the sweet potatoes and vegetables.
It’s a really versatile meal that you can make your own, with the time that you have!
How this dish comes together
- Cut your sweet potatoes, vegetables and tofu.
- Whisk the tofu sauce and coat tofu.
- Add spice blend to sweet potatoes.
- Arrange everything on the sheet pans and bake.
- Grab your Sprouts Organic Vegan Basil Pesto or blend up the homemade pesto.
It’s that easy! And in around 30 minutes of roasting, you’ll have a complete meal that’s bursting with flavor and nourishment.
other simple and satisfying meals (that are quick, too!)
Vegan Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner with Pesto
- 1 15-16 oz. package super firm tofu diced in 2 cm cubes (or extra firm tofu pressed well to
- remove moisture)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled
- 2 bell peppers
- 6-8 oz. mushrooms
- ¼ medium red onion
- Oil for roasting
- Sprouts Organic Vegan Basil Pesto or Herb Pistachio Pesto
Dijon Tofu Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp each kosher salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- Juice of ¾ lemon
Sweet Potato Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. each nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder or paprika
- ½ tsp. each kosher salt and pepper
Herb Pistachio Pesto
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil or substitute 1 whole avocado with pit and skin removed
- Juice of 1 ½ lemons
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper, or spray with oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together Dijon Tofu Sauce and stir gently with the tofu. Arrange on half of one baking tray.
- Chop the 6-8 oz. mushrooms, 2 bell peppers, and ¼ red onion into bite sized chunks. Arrange over the other half of the baking tray.
- Slice the 3 peeled sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then make long slices and sprinkle them with the Sweet Potato Seasoning and toss well. Toss well and arrange potatoes onto the second baking tray.
- Place both trays into the oven. After 15 minutes, flip / toss the ingredients on both the trays and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- While the trays are in the oven, add all Herb Pistachio Pesto ingredients into a food processor, and blend scraping down sides as needed.
- Serve and top with more fresh herbs and lemon wedges if desired.