This Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake is super satisfying, with roasted vegetables, a delicious cashew cream sauce, and crispy herb-breadcrumb topping. It’s the perfect addition to any seasonal table or meal with family and friends.
This blog post is sponsored by Yondu
There’s something so comforting about a creamy pasta bake, especially at this time of year! Plus, it doesn’t get much better than roasted vegetables as the perfect match for a creamy pasta. There’s so much flavor going on, all in one herb-and-veggie-filled baking dish.
The star of the cashew cream sauce is Yondu Vegetable Umami. I’ve been loving this seasoning, as it has so much flavor. This vegetable-based seasoning is a perfect addition for this recipe and so many others. Made from triple-fermented beans and umami-rich vegetables, it’s also 100% vegan, natural, organic, non-GMO with no added flavors or preservatives. How amazing is that?!
By adding just a small amount of Yondu umami seasoning, this cashew cream sauce comes together so easily with few ingredients. It’s my new favorite way to pack in lots of umami flavors with just one ingredient. Plus, the seasoning is extremely versatile to use for so many recipes that may typically call for stock/broth, fish sauce, or liquid aminos. Or, for any recipe you’d like to add plant-rich flavor without overpowering a dish.
You can use the code “20munchmeals” at checkout on Amazon.com to enjoy 20% off any size bottle of Yondu!
What’s great about this dish
This Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake is so cozy and is really versatile too! It’s a dish that I’ll be making again and again this season, as it’s a family favorite and is packed with nourishment.
There’s a lot of freedom to switch up the pasta type and the roasted vegetables, as well. This way, you can use what you have on hand, and create some variation each time!
Other pastas that would be great in here are: rigatoni, penne, ziti, farfalle/bowties and even smaller shapes like shells and orecchiette. You can of course use whole wheat or gluten free pastas too. Just be sure not to overcook the pasta, and if using gluten free, give it a quick rinse after cooking if the package directions indicate to do so.
For roasted veggies, here we use roasted carrots, brussel sprouts, and zucchini. Other amazing options are roasted cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, eggplant, parsnips, butternut squash, asparagus or even sweet potatoes. You would simply adjust the cook times based on the particular vegetables you’re using.
How this Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake comes together
This dish has a few key steps, and bakes all together in the oven once assembled in the baking dish. First, you’ll chop the vegetables and get them into the oven to roast. While that’s happening, boil the water for pasta and boil your cashews to soften them prior to blending.
Then blend up your sauce, including Yondu umami seasoning, and combine everything in a baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and place it into the oven. While the pasta bake is in the oven, chop the fresh parsley for serving over top.
other delicious pasta recipes
Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake
- 2/3 lb. pasta
- 3 1/2 cups brussel sprouts quartered
- 3 cups carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cups zucchini sliced
- Oil salt and pepper for roasting
- 3-5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup panko-style vegan breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Yondu umami seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp each dijon mustard, kosher salt, dried oregano, and onion powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place sliced brussel sprouts and diced carrots onto a baking tray, and drizzle with 1-2 tbsp oil. Gently toss, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven, add zucchini to the tray, and toss. Place tray back into oven and roast another 15 to 20 minutes until just tender, covering tray with foil if vegetables are getting too browned.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in salted water until just al dente.
- Boil the cashews for 20 minutes, which can be done at the same time the pasta is cooking. Drain.
- Drain pasta and drizzle with a bit of olive oil and add to a large baking dish.
- In a blender, add the drained cashews, and the remaining “Sauce Ingredients”. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the baking dish with the pasta, and pour the sauce over the pasta. Gently stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the pasta.
- Place into the oven, covered with foil, and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook another 10 minutes. To brown the breadcrumbs further, you can place under the broiler until just browned.
- Serve topped with the chopped fresh parsley and fresh thyme (de-stemmed).