Sharing a super quick and REALLY delicious Tofu Mushroom Stir Fry that will be ready in under 30 minutes. This dish is seriously quick, and seriously tasty.
When noodles, tofu, mushrooms, and delicious accompaniments come together, the result is an amazingly yummy dish that beats takeout any day. It’s also quicker!
If you’ve never tried tofu, mushrooms, and noodles together, let me tell you, it’s a winning combination. So when I had these ingredients in the house, plus some standard pantry staples, I was able to put this delicious Tofu Mushroom Stir Fry together so quickly. And one of the best parts (#feelinglazy) is that there’s minimal chopping needed for this dish. If we’ve been friends for a while, you know that I love noodle stir fry dishes. Check out one of my other favorite noodle stir fry dishes here!
How it comes together
The only thing you’ll be chopping is a mushroom. Well, 7 large white / button mushrooms, to be exact. But you have to admit — chopping mushrooms is REALLY easy. Not like those hard-to-chop carrots. I mean, c’mon. Why do carrots need to be so dang dense? I digress.
Add those chopped mushrooms to a large pan with sesame oil and once they start turning nice and brown, add in your crumbled tofu. You can either break the tofu up with a spatula/spoon, or do what I usually do and use your hands to crumble it as you drop it in.
Meanwhile, boil enough water to pour over the rice noodles, then add the noodles. They cook quickly, so gently pull them apart with a utensil and once they’re tender, drain them. I like to rinse them too, if I have overcooked them (to help remove some extra starch).
Once everything is stirred together and the tofu is starting to brown, you’ll add in the cabbage and flavorings like turmeric, sweet chili sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine vinegar. I just add the sauce ingredients straight into the pan here.
Fun ways to serve this Tofu Noodle Stir Fry:
Tofu Mushroom Stir Fry
- 2 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles
- 7 large white mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu crumble
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 cups cabbage mix
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- Red chili flakes
- Bring water to boil and pour over rice noodles until cooked.
- Drain noodles, rinse and set aside. Meanwhile in a large pan over medium heat, add oil and mushrooms. Stirring, cook around 5 min until browning.
- Add crumbled tofu and turmeric, cook another 5 to 7 min until browning.
- Add dark soy sauce and cabbage, stir and cook 3 min.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients, stir, cook another 2 min. Add noodles, stir well, serve and top with garnishes.