This Vegan Apple & Feta Salad is so good that you’ll be craving it on the regular! It’s filled with other delectable ingredients like seasoned chickpeas, tomatoes, avocado and almonds. With a super flavorful apple cider vinaigrette, this salad has it all!
What I love about this salad
There’s so much to love about this salad. Bold flavors, satisfying ingredients, and lots of nourishment make this salad a perfect lunch or dinner. It’s also an awesome choice for a potluck or gathering too. This Vegan Apple & Feta Salad works so well as either a side dish or the main attraction.
The base of the salad is arugula and chopped kale, which is such a great combination. The light and peppery arugula pairs beautifully with the heartier kale. The result is a winning combo!
Avocado is such a great option to almost any salad. It adds creaminess, healthy fats, and a heartiness too. The avocado is so delicious in here.
The seasoned chickpeas are something that I make often for salads. The seasoning combo is so good with the chickpeas, adding a perfect level of flavor. The chickpeas also add great plant-based protein, and help to make this salad satisfying enough to be an entrée.
The texture in this salad is off the charts! The crisp from the apple and almonds pair great with the creaminess of the chickpeas and avocado.
Tips for Making this Vegan Apple & Feta Salad
Massage the kale! It is a total game changer. Just drizzle a touch of oil onto the chopped and de-stemmed kale leaves and massage the leaves with your fingers. This process transforms the texture and will make your kale salads something to look forward to.
Chop your apples and avocado into bite-sized pieces that aren’t too big (unless you prefer it that way).
You can use either slivered or sliced almonds for this recipe.
If you’re making this salad a day in advance, keep the arugula and dressing separately. I also suggest to cut the avocado and add it in on the day you’re eating it.
Other Delicious Salad Recipes
Vegan Apple & Feta Salad
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, dried parsley for cooking chickpeas
- 1 tsp avocado oil for cooking chickpeas
- 2.5 oz arugula
- 3 medium kale leaves cut off stem
- 1/2 cup vegan feta crumbled
- 2 apples such as Gala diced small
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In pan on medium heat, add chickpeas, their seasoning and avocado oil. Stir and cook 2-3 min until heated through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- To assemble salad, add arugula to large serving bowl. Finely chop the kale and add it to a separate bowl. Add a touch of olive oil and massage the kale leaves with fingers. Transfer kale to large serving bowl with arugula. Add chickpeas, vegan feta, apples, red onion and almonds. Serve topped with avocado and dressing.