This Butternut Squash Linguine with Parsley is the comforting bowl of pasta that you need in your life, with tons of flavor from zesty lemon and fresh parsley. It’s a perfect pasta to celebrate the Fall season!
Butternut squash is a delicious part of Fall that I look forward to each year. I love to roast butternut squash and use in pasta, curry, salads, and grain bowls. It’s hearty, nourishing, and perfectly sweet yet savory at the same time.
How this Butternut Squash Linguine with Parsley Comes Together
Roasting the butternut squash: you can use store bought chopped butternut squash, or you can peel and chop your own. If you’ll be chopping your own, check out the tutorial in my blog post here. You’ll also find my Butternut Squash Curry recipe there, which is super delicious and perfect for the season!
Cooking the linguine: make sure not to overcook your pasta, as you’ll want it al dente. Be sure to salt the water, which gives the pasta great flavor before it even hits the pan with the other ingredients. Reserve some pasta cooking water to use later.
Preparing the additions: finely chop as much or as little as you like. This recipe can take a LOT of parsley, so be generous! You’ll also need vegan butter, garlic powder, vegan parmesan, lemon juice and olive oil.
Putting it all together: Add the linguine to a large serving bowl or pan along with the butternut squash and the tasty additions.
Other Delicious Pasta Recipes
Creamy Pumpkin & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Roasted Red Pepper Chipotle Pasta Salad
Creamy Tomato Pasta with Broccoli
Butternut Squash Linguine with Parlsey
- 20 oz. diced butternut squash
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 lb. linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place butternut squash on large baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with avocado oil, toss, and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Spread butternut squash out across tray. Place tray into oven and roast 30 to 40 min, tossing halfway, until tender and becoming lightly golden in spots.
- While butternut squash is roasting, cook linguine according to package directions for al dente, adding in 2 tbsp kosher salt to the past cooking water. Prior to draining, scoop out 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water to use for later.
- Add hot linguine to a large serving bowl or pan. Add vegan butter, olive oil, and garlic powder and stir until butter is melted. Add roasted butternut squash and chopped parsley. Stir.
- Add lemon juice and parmesan, and toss. Taste for seasoning and add some salt if desired. Add in some or all of the pasta cooking water if the pasta is too dry.