This Roasted Potato Quinoa Salad is a perfect go-to lunch or dinner that will be satisfying yet light. It’s loaded with hearty roasted potatoes and seasoned chickpeas, along with roasted broccoli and a vibrant lemon-parsley vinaigrette.
This are the kind of meal that I could eat every day. Filled with flavor, color, and super satisfying. There’s something about roasted potatoes, that make this bowl so great! The roasted potatoes are amazing in this recipe, and in combination with the delicious dressing, this bowl will have you coming back for more!
The chickpeas are spiced with a blend of paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. This simple seasoning combo makes the chickpeas warm and flavorful. Then the lightly roasted broccoli provide beautiful color and texture, not to mention nutrients. Quinoa provides the hearty base of the salad, but you can also feel free to add some greens in like arugula, massaged kale, or baby spinach.
Tips for Making This Roasted Potato Quinoa Salad
Be sure to not overcook your quinoa, as you don’t want the quinoa to be mushy for this salad. When you transfer it to the mixing bowl, spread it out a bit so that the quinoa can cool down after cooking. The quinoa doesn’t have to be completely cool when you mix in the other ingredients and dressing, but you’ll want it most of the way there.
If making this salad for a meal prep or to have leftovers, the tomatoes will taste their best if you slice and add them in the day you’ll be eating. They lose a bit of flavor if they’re in the fridge overnight.
This recipe uses vegan mayo in the dressing to bring a touch of creaminess, but feel free to skip it and replace it with more extra virgin olive oil.
Other Delicious Quinoa Recipes
Roasted Potato Quinoa Salad
- 1 lb. mini potatoes / creamer potatoes halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp avocado oil separated
- 1 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 packed cups broccoli florets cut small
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes halved or quartered depending on size
- 1/3 cup vegan feta optional
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place cut potatoes on a large baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle 1 tbsp avocado oil over potatoes, toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Place tray in oven and roast for 25 to 35 min until fork tender, tossing halfway.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli florets to a 2nd baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 tsp avocado oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp kosher salt. Place tray in oven and roast for 10 to 15 min until beginning to lightly brown in spots, then remove from oven.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, then transfer to large mixing bowl to cool. To make the dressing, add all Dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until well combined. To make the seasoned chickpeas, place a skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 1 tsp avocado oil and chickpeas, stir, and add in remaining 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Stir to coat, and cook another two min.
- Add roasted broccoli, roasted potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes, and vegan feta to mixing bowl with the quinoa. Gently toss and add most of dressing. Stir well. Add remaining dressing just prior to serving.