This mouthwatering Farfalle Veggie Pasta with Zucchini is simple to make and oh-so-yummy. It’s filled with lots of vibrant and nourishing vegetables, tangy kalamata olives, fresh herbs and lemon.
What better way to celebrate the day than with a veggie-packed and super delicious pasta? This dish is warm and cozy, and really hits the spot when you’re looking for that tasty carb fix. You can load it with all the vibrant and nourishing vegetables you have on hand, and then add zippy ingredients like olives, roasted peppers, and fresh herbs!
Farfalle Veggie Pasta with Zucchini is a great go-to pasta because it’s delicious and really so versatile. It’s one of those pastas that you can easily tailor to what your or your family’s preferences are.
This pasta has:
There’s so much goodness going on, and with farfalle or “bowties”, this pasta is hard to beat!
How this Farfalle Veggie Pasta with Zucchini Comes Together
You’ll start by preheating the oven (for the roasted tomatoes). Then fill a large pot with the water to boil for the pasta. While that’s heating, slice the tomatoes and place them into a baking dish, I like to use a glass pyrex dish. Drizzle around 2 tsp oil on the tomatoes, and season them. They’ll go into the oven.
Then slice the veggies, starting with the onion. As soon as those are chopped, place them into a large skillet with the olive oil. While they’re cooking, cut the bell peppers and they’ll go into the skillet next. Then cut the zucchini and grab the peas, which will go in next.
At some point while your vegetables are cooking, the water will boil. Add a tablespoon of kosher salt to the water along with the pasta and cook the pasta until just al dente, using a timer if needed. Also during the vegetables cooking in the skillet, the tomatoes will be done roasting (they need around 20 to 25 minutes in the oven until the juices are releasing and they are starting to wilt).
Take the tomatoes out of the oven while you add the salt, pepper, dried herbs, broth, tomato paste, olives, and artichokes to the skillet. Stir and add in the pasta and roasted tomatoes. Lastly, you’ll add in the fresh herbs and lemon juice.
That’s it! If you try this pasta, please be sure to let me know by commenting here or tagging me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals! Hope you enjoy this one, and have a great week!
Farfalle Veggie Pasta with Zucchini
- 1/2 lb. farfalle
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup peas preference
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley or basil chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile place the sliced tomatoes in a baking dish, seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper and around 2 tsp olive oil, and back for approx 20 to 25 min until juices release and they start to wilt.
- While the tomatoes are in the oven, cook the finely chopped onions in the 3 tbsp oil until translucent about 7 min, stir often. Add chopped bell peppers, cook another 5 min. Add the sliced zucchini and peas, cook for 5 min.
- Add salt, pepper, dried herbs, broth, tomato pate, olives, and artichokes. Stir well.
- Add pasta and roasted tomatoes, cook together for a minute. Stir in the fresh herbs and lemon juice.