This simple and delicious Roasted Veggie and Peas Pasta with buttery herb sauce is full of nourishing and colorful vegetables and is great for a holiday or anytime gathering!
This blog post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
Are you getting excited for Easter, if celebrating? There’s something special about this time of year, when Spring is coming and the weather is changing. But apart from the fun of Easter baskets and time with loved ones, we all know one of the most important parts is the food!
This Roasted Veggie and Peas Pasta makes a perfect side dish for your holiday festivities, with hearty roasted brussel sprouts, carrots, and peas. The buttery herb sauce is made with Miyoko’s Creamery Cultured Vegan Butter and lots of fresh chives and parsley.
I’ve been planning for Easter and was so excited to find lots of ingredients and plant-based staples at Sprouts Farmers Market during my weekly grocery shopping! Sprouts had all of the amazing produce for this Roasted Veggie and Peas Pasta, plus the awesome vegan products like Miyoko’s Creamery Cultured Vegan Butter (and vegan parmesan to top things off!). The selection at Sprouts really makes it easy to put together a wonderful, plant-based spread for Easter and special meals with family and friends.
We love a pasta side dish during the holidays, as they’re so versatile, delicious and crowd-pleasing. This Roasted Veggie and Peas Pasta comes together so easily! While the pasta cooks and the veggies roast, we simply cook the onions on the stove and prep our fresh herbs – which makes the base for the buttery herb sauce.
How This Dish Comes Together
Here are the simple steps!
Roasting the Veggies
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and put a pot of water to boil for the pasta. I like to salt the pasta cooking water as well, with around 2 teaspoons of salt. Trim any large ends off the brussel sprouts, then halve or quarter them depending on size. The goal is to get the sprouts to be similar size to one another, for more even cooking.
Then peel and dice the carrots. The number of carrots you’ll need will depend on the size of your carrots, but you’re aiming for around 2 1/2 cups of carrots (diced small). But, this recipe is very forgiving with the amount of veggies! Feel free to use more or less than the suggested amounts, to suit your preferences. I diced the carrots small, otherwise they can take quite long to roast.
Then arrange the sprouts and carrots on the tray. I lined my tray with parchment paper for a bit easier cleanup. Sprinkle the veggies with oil, salt and pepper and then bake. Flip the veggies after 15 minutes, then cook another 15 minutes. If the sprouts are getting too browned during the baking but still not tender, you can place some foil over the top of them. Also, if your carrots need a bit more time to cook once the sprouts are done, remove the sprouts from the tray and set aside while the carrots finish cooking.
Making the Sauce & Putting it All Together
Meanwhile, preheat a large pan on medium heat while you finely chop the red onion. Add the onions and the Miyoko’s Creamy Cultured Vegan Butter to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
Add in the peas and cook another few minutes. You’re now ready to put it all together by adding in the cooked pasta, the roasted veggies, chives, herbs, and seasonings. Give it all a good toss in the pan, and feel free to add a bit more vegan butter, or lemon juice as well.
I topped my pasta with vegan parmesan here, but other great options would be nutritional yeast or toasted seasoned panko breadcrumbs. We like to also serve this dish with some extra fresh herbs on top, and it’s also great with a touch of red chili flakes for some spicy heat.
Other Delicious Holiday Recipe Ideas
Creamy Vegan Potato Soup with Leeks
Panzanella Inspired Ciabatta Salad
Roasted Potatoes with Vegan Feta
Roasted Tomato, White Bean & Spinach Stew
Spaghetti with Spinach & Chickpeas
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! You can comment here or tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals!
Roasted Veggie and Peas Pasta
- ½ lb. pasta
- ½ lb. brussel sprouts quartered or halved depending on size
- 2 ½ cups carrots diced small
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. Miyoko’s Creamery Cultured Vegan Butter
- ½ medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ – ¾ tsp. black pepper
- Grated vegan parmesan to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add the ½ lb. brussel sprouts and 2 ½ cup diced carrots to a large baking tray. Drizzle with the 1 tbsp. oil and toss. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Bake for 15 minutes, toss, then bake another 15 minutes until brussel sprouts are tender. Remove the brussel sprouts from the tray if the carrots need another 10 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, boil water for the pasta and cook in salted water according to package directions for al dente, then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large pan on medium heat and add the 3 tbsp. vegan butter and ½ medium chopped onion. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the 1 cup peas and cook another 3 minutes until the onions are tender and the peas are cooked.
- Add the cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, 2 tbsp. chopped chives, 3 tbsp. chopped parsley, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. kosher salt, and ½ to ¾ tsp. black pepper. Toss then serve, topping with the (optional) vegan grated parmesan cheese, to taste.