Celebrate creamy avocado goodness with this Avocado and Grilled Vegetable Salad! This salad is so savory and satisfying, and makes a delicious meal or side dish. With a variety of grilled vegetables, grilled bread, olives and of course the star, avocado, there’s lots to love!
This blog post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market.
What can be better than creamy avocado and summertime vegetables? This Avocado and Grilled Vegetable Salad checks all the boxes, and has been on repeat in our house. From the grilled baguette slices, to salty and tangy olives, and a vegetable combination of zucchini, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms…there’s so much yumminess going on to pair up with creamy and dreamy avocado!
Avocados are a great ingredient in so many meals, beyond the amazingly delicious guacamole classic. They’re perfect in not only salads and bowls, but they also make an amazing sauce for pasta (you can check out a list of some of my other favorite avocado recipes further down in this post!).
My love for avocados runs deep, and for good reason. In addition to their amazing taste and texture, they’re also fiber and potassium-filled!
Sprouts Farmers Market is celebrating the yummy avocado, and you can find them in the awesome Produce Department at Sprouts. I love to grab avocados when I shop at Sprouts, along with other amazing goods like the fresh vegetables and herbs in this recipe. The freshness is on point, and the variety is always inspiring me to dream up new recipes with the wonderful produce.
How This Avocado & Grilled Vegetable Salad Comes Together
It’s so simple to make this salad! Start by cutting all the veggies. We used zucchini, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. You want to avoid cutting the vegetables too thin, otherwise they may overcook very quickly.
Then, spice up the vegetables by adding them to a bowl along with some avocado oil and the seasonings.
Lay out the vegetables on the grill pan, and cook for 3 to 5 min per side, the flip and cook another several minutes. You’ll likely need to do this in two batches, given the amount of the vegetables.
While the vegetables are cooking, you can slice the baguette and whisk up the dressing. The thickness of the baguette slices are up to you. I sliced them around 1 cm thick, which will get them quite crisp. Lay out the slices on the grill pan, and then flip and toast the other side. You can optionally add a drizzle (or brush it on) some oil onto the sides of the bread.
Slice up the avocado and grab your pitted castelvetrano olives. You can serve this salad on a serving plate, by layering up the vegetables, bread, and avocado. Break up the pieces of grilled bread in a fun, rustic way. They can be different sizes. Top with dressing and olives, and enjoy!
Other Delicious Avocado Recipes
If you try this recipe, please let me know! I would love to see your dish. You can tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals and comment here!
Avocado and Grilled Vegetable Salad
- 2 medium zucchini
- 6 oz. crimini mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 ½ bell peppers
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 servings baguette
- 2 avocados
- 1/3 cup pitted castelvetrano olives
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp. packed fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ tbsp. packed fresh dill finely chopped
- Slice 2 medium zucchini and halve or quarter 6 oz. mushrooms depending on size. Cut 1 yellow onion into quarters, then halve them. Dice 1 ½ bell peppers into chunks.
- Preheat a large grill pan (or large skillet), over medium heat. Add cut vegetables to a mixing bowl. Add 2 tbsp. avocado oil and ½ tsp. each pepper, garlic powder, dried basil and kosher salt.
- Toss vegetables and transfer to the pan. Cook for 3 to 5 min per side, flip and cook another 3 to 4 min until tender. Cook in two batches, then transfer to a plate.
- While vegetables are cooking, slice 4 servings baguette. Whisk the Dressing together in a bowl (1 tbsp. olive oil, ¼ tsp. each kosher salt, pepper garlic powder, juice of ½ lemon, 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar, 1 tsp. dijon mustard, and ½ tbsp. each fresh parsley and fresh dill).
- Lay out baguette slices in grill pan. Optionally brush with a bit of avocado oil and cook for 2 to 3 min per side until lightly golden in spots. Dice or slice 2 avocados.
- To serve, plate the grilled vegetables along with torn baguette slices. Top with avocado and 1/3 cup castelvetrano olives. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with remaining ½ lemon cut into wedges.