This flavorful and nourishing Spiced Chickpea Bowl with Herb Tahini Dressing comes together quickly in around 15 minutes! It’s filled with vegetables and protein, and has lots of texture too, for a perfect lunch or light dinner.
Sometimes you need a really quick and simple meal that also tastes great. And for some of us, that’s most of the time! That’s when recipes like this are so handy, plus this one uses easily accessible ingredients too.
This delicious bowl features chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, pita chips, fresh herbs, baby spinach (or greens of your choice), and a scrumptious herb dressing.
You can also get creative with the seasonings for the chickpeas! Here we used salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin and coriander. But, you can use a combination of your favorites.
Fresh herbs are always such a fun addition to salads and add a bit of something special to them. This bowl uses fresh mint and parsley, but other delicious options would be fresh dill or basil.
How this Spiced Chickpea Bowl with Herb Tahini Dressing Comes Together
First, you’ll heat up a pan on medium heat. If using canned chickpeas, drain and rinse them, then pat them dry. Add them to the pan along with some oil, and the seasonings. You’ll cook the chickpeas for around 4 to 5 minutes, and the chickpeas will get slightly crisp.
While the chickpeas are cooking, add all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, and whisk it together. The creaminess of the dressing comes from tahini, and I love the Soom Foods brand.
Then you’ll assemble the bowl, starting with the greens. Then add the chickpeas, cucumbers, red onion, lemon wedges, add pita chips. Drizzle with the dressing!
Other Delicious Salad Recipes
If you give this recipe a try, I would love to hear what you think! You can comment here or tag me on Instagram @janetsmunchmeals!
Spiced Chickpea Bowl with Herb Tahini Dressing
- 1 cup cooked / rinsed canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, cumin, ground coriander, paprika
- 2 portions salad greens
- 2 portions toasted pita or pita chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped or thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- Lemon wedges and extra herbs for serving
Herb Tahini Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini the runny type
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp water to thin the dressing
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh parsley and dill
- 1/2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
- In a pan on medium heat, heat the oil and add the chickpeas and seasonings. Cook for 4 to 5 min, stir occasionally, until chickpeas are getting a bit crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Assemble two bowls with the salad greens, pita, onion and cucumber. Top with the chickpeas and dressing. Add lemon wedges and more herbs as desired.