This comforting and savory Wild Rice with Artichokes and Olives is perfect for a satisfying meal or side dish. Plus, it’s full of sun-dried tomatoes, lemon, and fresh herbs to add lots of fresh flavors.
Wild rice is one of those ingredients that I often forget to make. And then when I make it, I think to myself why it took me so long! Well, this recipe is bringing wild rice back to its glory as the center of attention. It’s got amazing texture and bite, and a nuttiness that is subtle and delicious. While you can enjoy wild rice plain as a side dish, it can also be great with additions.
In this recipe, we are using Mediterranean-inspired flavors and plenty of fresh herbs. I absolutely love the combination (or some variation of) sun-dried tomatoes, olives of any kind, marinated artichokes, and roasted red peppers. I used three of the four in this Wild Rice with Artichokes and Olives.
How this dish comes together
The recipe times out really well! While the rice is cooking, simply chop the other ingredients. The rice cooks for approx 30 to 40 minutes, and you can cook it with vegetable broth or stock, or just water. This gives you the perfect amount of time to get your chop on!
Besides salt and pepper, the rice is dressed very simply with just some olive oil and lots of lemon juice, along with fresh herbs. The other ingredients, like sun-dried tomatoes, carry so much flavor on their own that there’s not much needed to let them shine.
If you try this Wild Rice with Artichokes and Olives, let me know! This dish will certainly be on repeat a lot in our house through the coming months.
helpful items for recipes like this one
Other Delicious Rice Dishes / Served with Rice
Wild Rice with Artichokes and Olives
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup marinated artichokes drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes marinated or not
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley plus more for serving finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, add the wild rice, vegetable broth, and water. Cover then bring to a boil, then set heat to low and gently simmer until all water is absorbed. Leave rice covered for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the artichokes and kalamata olives (or leaves olives whole if preferred). Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- When rice is done cooking, add the olive oil to the rice, and the remaining ingredients. Gently stir to combine.
- Serve topped with more fresh chopped parsley.