This hearty and simple Sweet Chili Tofu and Peppers is a super flavorful dish that comes together easily and is ready in around 30 minutes. It’s pure comfort food that brings delicious Asian-inspired flavors to your table!
There are many reasons I love this dish! But before I go on a nearly never-ending list of those reasons, I’ll quickly mention that you can use whatever noodles you like for this dish.
I used thick udon noodles here, which have quickly become a house favorite. My kids love the thick size and the slightly chewy texture. Plus, the udon noodles are perfect for soaking up the incredibly delicious sauce. Feel free to use flat rice noodles, brown rice vermicelli, linguini, or whatever noodle you prefer!
Some of my other yummy noodle dishes are here and here!
Reasons to love this sweet chili tofu & peppers
- Ready in around 30 minutes
- Versatile enough to use any noodles
- The sauces are SO flavorful
- Made with pantry staples
- The sauces come together in minutes
- Add or sub other vegetables
how this dish comes together
I probably don’t have to mention my preference for quick and easy meals, if you know me by now! It may have something to do with the super hot weather around here, or the endless amount of things to do with the kids, the chores around the house, or the work for my day job. Perhaps it’s one of those reasons 😉
So, I really love meals that are simple to put together in 30 to 45 minutes (bonus points if under 30 minutes!).
This Sweet Chili Tofu and Peppers is one of those meals that comes together in a snap! Because most nights, you’ve got stuff to do. But, you want something DELICIOUS to eat.
- Boil water for the noodles and cook those.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Chop the tofu and bell peppers (or any other vegetable you’d like).
- Saute the tofu and bell peppers, then add the sauce and cooked noodles.
It’s that simple! You can use your favorite noodles, whatever veggies you have to use up from the fridge, and even a different protein. The sauces will go with almost anything!
other delicious tofu and noodle dishes
Vegan Tofu and Mushroom Dumplings
helpful and fun items for dishes like this
I earn a small commission on items purchased through links on this site. All opinions are my own.
OXO 1134700 Good Grips 5-Quart Stainless-Steel Colander, Silver
Antner 5 Pairs Natural Bamboo Chopsticks Reusable Classic Japanese Style Chop Sticks Gift Sets, Dishwasher Safe, 8.8 Inch/22.5cm
Sweet Chili Tofu and Peppers
- 8 oz. super firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tsp oil for cooking
Sweet Chili Sauce (whisk together the following):
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
Noodles Sauce: (whisk together the following)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp chili garlic
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Cook udon noodles (or any noodles) according to package directions (careful not to overcook).
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, brown the tofu in a bit of oil until golden brown, flipping every 5 min or so. Season with salt and garlic powder.
- Remove and set aside. Back in pan, add peppers and bit of oil, cook until crisp-tender. Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add tofu and the sweet chili sauce mixture, stir and cook 1 minute. Remove mixture from pan into a bowl.
- Back in the pan, add cooked noodles and noodles sauce mixture. Stir, cook together for two minutes.
- Serve the noodles and top with tofu/peppers mixture. Top with sesame seeds if desired.
Made this tonight and it was so quick and easy to make, and jam packed full of flavour. The tofu was DELICIOUS!! Can’t wait to make it again.
That’s so awesome, thanks Felicia!!