Cozy, comforting, and absolutely delicious — that’s how this Spaghetti with Artichokes and Roasted Peppers can be described. If you’re a pasta lover, this spaghetti will become a favorite and is super simple to put together!
There’s not much better than a hearty, satisfying bowl of spaghetti in my opinion. This one is flavor-packed and ready in around 30 minutes, so it’s a total win-win!
It incorporates my favorite go-to simple marinara sauce recipe, which adds delicious, bold flavor to the dish. I usually make a double batch of the sauce, as it’s great to add into other meals throughout the week to add an extra punch of tomato-ey goodness. The cherry tomatoes in this dish melt right into the marinara for an amazingly yummy combination.
The sauce also has tangy marinated artichokes and roasted red bell peppers, which you can use straight from the jar as a store-bought convenience for this quick-yet-delicious meal. These add-ins make the dish something special!
Spaghetti has always been a comfort food of mine, for as long as I can remember. My mom would make spaghetti probably once a week when I was little, and it seriously was the highlight of the week for me…not even kidding.
As an adult, I will always gladly except a warm bowl of spaghetti, and it’s even better when it incorporates some of my favorite additions. I try to keep marinated artichokes and roasted red peppers in the pantry when I can, as they’re so handy to bring extra flavor to dishes.
I add them to salads, nourish bowls and pastas regularly, and even curries to mix things up. Some other pantry items that are great for pastas are sun-dried tomatoes, olives and capers.
how this dish comes together
Did I say this Spaghetti with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers is simple? Yup, it is! There’s a few easy steps, and you’ll have this meal on the table in no time.
- Boil your favorite pasta
- Meanwhile, make the marinara
- Saute onions and cherry tomatoes
- Add in the remaining ingredients and let the flavors meld
Other delicious pasta recipes
Helpful and fun items for dishes like this
All opinions are my own. I get a small commission based on items purchased through these links.
I’ve mentioned these pasta bowls before, which are light and durable in our experience. Plus, they’re useful for more than pasta since they’re a great size.
I prefer using stainless steel colanders rather than plastic for hot food like pasta, with fine mesh to easily drain without losing pasta in the sink. Also, I find it to be so helpful to have the outer extended handles.
Spaghetti with Artichokes and Roasted Peppers
- 1/2 lb. pasta dry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup chopped jarred marinated artichokes drained
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted peppers drained
- Finely chopped fresh parsley for serving
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-5 garlic cloves minced or 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, cooking in salted water. Drain.
- Meanwhile in a large pan, add oil, salt, pepper, and chopped onion and cook over medium heat, stirring often.
- When onion is translucent, add cherry tomatoes and vegetable broth. Cook for 5 minutes at a gentle simmer (lightly bubbling).
- Add marinara sauce, garlic powder, artichokes, and roasted peppers. Stir well, cook for 2 minutes. Add cooked pasta.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley if desired.