This delicious salad packs some bold flavors and incorporates fresh lemon juice, parsley, and a hint of sweetness. Made with ingredients you probably have in your pantry and fridge, you can still feel free to substitute whatever protein or fresh vegetables you have on hand! Take on-the-go to school or work, or for a quick lunch at home. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (makes 2-3 servings of the goods, plus extra dressing to save!):
- 2 avocados diced in 1 cm chunks
- 3/4 of a 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn
- 3/4 of a 6 oz. can pitted black olives, sliced lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 14 oz. package tofu, drained, cut once lengthwise then crosswise in 1/2 cm slices
- salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste OR adobo seasoning powder
- 2 T finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 T minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook tofu in a grill pan or saute pan on medium-high heat, seasoned with salt/pepper/garlic powder or Adobo seasoning powder
- While tofu is cooking, combine avocado chunks, chickpeas, corn, and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Separately, whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Once tofu is done cooking, transfer slices to a plate to cool. Once cooled enough to handle, cut into chunks. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add just enough dressing to coat, and gently toss. Save extra dressing for later!
- Serve with extra fresh parsley and lemon juice if desired.