Try this 20-minute stir fry for a quick, low carb option! Totally customize-able and totally colorful. Use whatever vegetables (eat the rainbow!) and cooked protein you have on hand. Don’t you just love a fast, flavorful meal that is completely homemade and nourishing?
- 1.5 T sesame oil
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced in thick chunks
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb. snow peas
- 2 T minced garlic
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 14 oz. package tofu, pressed to remove excess water and sliced in strips and sauteed until golden brown OR cooked protein of choice
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced cross-wise
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add sesame oil to large pan over medium heat. Add red bell peppers and mushrooms, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add snow peas and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often, adding a small amount of water if needed in the pan.
- Add baby spinach, soy sauce, and maple syrup. Toss to combine.
- After 1 minute, add tofu, peanuts, and scallions. Toss to combine.
- Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with cilantro and red chili flakes.