If you’re looking for a quick and delicious light yet filling pasta meal, this is it! You can change up the vegetables to use whatever you have on hand, as long as you have lots of garlic.
INGREDIENTS (about 3-4 servings):
- 1 8 oz. box chickpea pasta
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut lengthwise then sliced
- 1 medium bundle asparagus with tough ends cut off, then diced about 2 cm length
- 5 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry, grape, or small tomatoes on the vine
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock or broth
- 1 cup fresh basil packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- fresh parsley to garnish
- red chili flakes to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. On a baking tray lined with nonstick foil or sprayed lightly with oil, place tomatoes. Sprinkle with small amount of oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Cook about 15 minutes or until tomatoes are starting to split.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions (I rinsed mine after draining to remove excess starch and avoid stickiness). Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, add the 1 T olive oil to large a pan and cook onion over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5-7 minutes until translucent.
- Add zucchini and asparagus, stir, and cook for 3 minutes, add garlic, and cook additional 2 minutes. Add white beans and stir to combine. Remove from heat until next step is complete.
- In a food processor, add vegetable stock/broth, basil, salt, pepper, and half of the roasted tomatoes and blend. Add this blended mixture to the pan with vegetables.
- Stir and cook another 1-2 minutes, or until vegetables should be tender. Make sure to not overcook the vegetables.
- Add pasta to serving bowl. Spoon the pan mixture over pasta, and gently stir.
- Top with the rest of the tomatoes, and garnish with the parsley and optional red chili flakes.
Perfect summer salad, making it tomorrow for lunch, just got all the ingredients I need 😀