When it’s snowy outside, and thundering at the same time (oddly enough), what better way to revolt than to cozy up in warm clothes and have a tropical smoothie pudding? Hence brunch for today, a chia seed pudding layered with mango-banana smoothie and navel orange segments, and topped with cacao powder and pomegranate seeds.
This tastes SO decadent, thanks to the serious creaminess and sweetness factors going on in here. With mango, banana, and fresh orange, this feels like an island vacation in a bowl. Chia seeds are adding protein and healthy fat, and a welcome crunch factor in addition to the pomegranate seeds.
The super quick and easy recipe is as follows:
INGREDIENTS (2 servings):
Chia Seed Pudding (thick for layering!)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice (very optional…I did not use)
- 1 small banana or 3/4 medium banana
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup milk (I used soy milk)
- 1/2 cup orange juice OR additional milk (as needed for blending)
- 1/4 large navel orange, peeled and split into segments
- pomegranate seeds (optional for topping)
- cacao powder (optional for topping and layering)
Chia Seed Pudding
- Combine chia seeds and milk
- Stir to fully incorporate
- Let sit for one hour to thicken
- Combine banana, mango, and milk in blender and process until combined
- Scrape down sides if needed
- Add the orange juice OR additional milk as needed, to ensure smooth consistency and desired thickness
- Layer chia seed pudding and cacao powder, then orange segments, then smoothie, and repeat!
- Top with your choice of toppings, such as cacao powder, pomegranate seeds, etc.
Enjoy this yummy treat, in sunshine or even snow.