Ginger Tofu Noodle Soup
This Ginger Tofu Noodle Soup is comforting, nourishing, and full of flavor. It's chock full of noodles and veggies, and will warm you up on the chilliest of days. With carrots, mushrooms, tofu, and lots of aromatics, this soup will be your new favorite light meal!
Servings: 3 people
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 oz. cremini or baby portobello mushrooms
- 8 oz. super-firm tofu drained and diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1- inch fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste to taste
- 1/3 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 3 small servings noodles cooked / prepared
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 to 3 tsp sriracha optional
- fresh cilantro chopped for serving
In a large pan or pot, add avocado oil, onion, carrots and mushrooms. Cook 5 to 7 minutes until onions become translucent, adding a few tablespoons of water as needed to prevent burning and stirring occasionally.
Add tofu, cook 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add broth, coconut milk, garlic, ginger and red curry paste. Cover, bring to a gentle simmer. Gently simmer 5 to 10 minutes, partially covered until carrots, are tender. During the last 5 minutes, add tomatoes.
Add prepared noodles, lemon juice and sriracha if using, then serve with fresh cilantro.