Roasted Broccoli & Quinoa Salad
This Roasted Broccoli & Quinoa Salad is chock full of vegetables and other nourishing ingredients like seasoned chickpeas and quinoa. Plus, it has a super flavorful and irresistible creamy vinaigrette! This just may be your new favorite salad, and it's been a hit over on my Instagram page.
Servings: 4 people
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1.5 tbsp avocado oil for roasting broccoli
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt for roasting broccoli
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas rinsed
- 1 tsp avocado oil for cooking chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika for cooking chickpeas
- 1/8 to 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
Creamy Herb Vinaigrette (whisk together thoroughly; makes extra than needed for this recipe):
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp each kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 2 tbsp each finely chopped fresh dill and parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (convect/fan). Cook quinoa according to package directions, and when it's done, let it cool in a mixing bowl or on serving platter, then mix juice of 1/2 lemon into it.
Meanwhile, cut brocc florets into similar small size and arrange on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle its oil and salt, and toss. Bake 12 to 18 min, stirring halfway until bright green and lightly browning in spots. Remove tray from oven and let cool somewhat.
Add chickpeas, their oil and seasonings to a pan and cook on medium heat for 3 to 4 min until heated.
Combine half of the dressing, cooked quinoa, roasted brocc, sliced onion, chickpeas, halved tomatoes, reserving some to add on top at the end. Top with diced avocado. Serve with extra dressing as desired.