Peach & Avocado Salad with Lentils and Quinoa
This Peach & Avocado Salad with Lentils and Quinoa is filled with summer favorites and makes the perfect light dinner or lunch. Sweet peaches are a delicious pair with creamy avocado and satisfying lentils and quinoa. Crisp and sweet vidalia onions give lovely texture, along with tangy tomatoes and a bright vinaigrette.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 to 4 servings salad greens
- 1 peach sliced
- 1 1/4 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked lentils cooked al dente in vegetable broth and drained well
- 1/2 of a sweet vidalia onion thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves to taste
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
Lime Vinaigrette (whisk together):
- Juice of 1 1/4 juicy lime
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp agave nectar
Whisk together the Lime Vinaigrette Ingredients.
In a mixing bowl, add the salad greens, sliced peach, cherry tomatoes, and avocado. Then add the cooked quinoa and lentils, along with the vidalia onions and fresh basil.
Drizzle in about half of the dressing, and gently toss. Serve and top with dressing as desired.