Lemon Pepper Arugula Salad with Chickpeas & Tomatoes
This Lemon Pepper Arugula Salad with Chickpeas and Tomatoes is a delicious and nourishing meal that's bright, flavorful, and perfect to take to your next picnic or gathering! It has a savory and citrusy vinaigrette and lots of lemon-pepper goodness, along with fresh basil.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 package Lemon Pepper RightRice
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas rinsed
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2.5 oz. arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 of a seedless cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted pistachios coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled vegan feta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 to 6 large fresh basil leaves
Lemon Dijon Basil Dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Cook Lemon Pepper RightRice according to package directions, and let cool. Meanwhile, add chickpeas, seasonings and oil to a pan, stir, and cook for 3 to 4 min on medium heat. Let these cool.
Whisk together all dressing ingredients. To assemble, add arugula and the cooled RightRice to a serving platter or bowl, and gently toss with around half the dressing.
Then top with chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, pistachios, feta, red onion, and basil. Serve with remaining dressing.